Running

trimandson

Have a 10k on Saturday, comfortably ran the course with a mate on Sunday morning (with a couple of breaks) in 55 mins... Felt good all round the course and know I can easily push myself around much quicker..

Still find running boring though!!!!

I did the Great Edinburgh Run on Sunday. Came in at a spritely time of 1hr and 4 minutes.

Not a great time but I have a dodgy knee which meant the last 4 k or so was spent running until my knee hurt too much then walking for a bit. Also, the Edinburgh course is pretty hilly.

I found it amusing that the winner could have given me a 36 minute headstart and still beaten me.

I did the Great Edinburgh Run on Sunday. Came in at a spritely time of 1hr and 4 minutes.

Not a great time but I have a dodgy knee which meant the last 4 k or so was spent running until my knee hurt too much then walking for a bit. Also, the Edinburgh course is pretty hilly.

I found it amusing that the winner could have given me a 36 minute headstart and still beaten me.

yeah, that course looks really hard. watched it on tv, and they say it's probably one of the hardest 10k's out there.

I've got the manchester 10k in just under 2 weeks, but it's a much easier course. Not done enough training for it at all, yet .....

Yeh they said that there's a converter on the website to convert your Edinburgh time to the same time as a flat course such as manchester, so I'm guessing from that Manchester is pretty flat.

It was tough, and I'd done no training whatsoever (apart from a handful of 3 mile runs about 3 months ago) so it certainly inspired me to get a bit fitter. Running is a hell of a lot better with that many people and a crowd to cheer you on though.

I'll definitely be doing it again, with a view to doing the great north run in 2010 if I can sort myself out and actually get some training in.

I'm really getting into this running lark now. Went out every day over the weekend, and am feeling a bit more confident about this race at the end of June. My plan is to be hopefully be able to run 4 or 5 miles comfortably by the end of May, then try and extend that by a mile a week during June, so that by the end of June I'll be ready to do 9 miles. I didn't think I'd have a chance, but I've gone from not being able to run for a bus, to feeling completely wrecked after a mile, to being okish after two miles now, so hopefully the improvement will continue.

Gothenburg's half marathon is of and running today. Biggest in the world apparently (Newcastle was before btw, haha).

It's my third try to get under 1.40.

So, did the Great Manchester Run 2009 yesterday. had done bugger all training - had only been on 3 training runs, none of them that successful.

But managed to get round without stopping, and did the course in 54:54 which i was really happpy with :P

10K, or 6.2 miles, so not that bad really. My ambition at some point is to run it in under 50 mins, but that will need a lot of training, methinks.

Stiff as a post today, too.

My mate did the Leeds Half marathon a couple of weeks ago. Said he'd be ecstatic if he ran it under 2 hours.

His time: 2 hrs 0 minutes and 1 second!!

Gutted for him!

I think I will need to run about 200 miles before I see the fat drop off me. I need to watch what I eat more.

By the way does anyone here run on a track often? Did it yesterday it seems a lot harder than running on the roads. Might just be me though.

I think I will need to run about 200 miles before I see the fat drop off me. I need to watch what I eat more.

By the way does anyone here run on a track often? Did it yesterday it seems a lot harder than running on the roads. Might just be me though.

It's harder. Certainly mentally if not physically. Hard to say why, but it is.

Â