The General Election / General politics topic (End Nov 2008)

bickster

If there was General Election tomorrow which way would you vote?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. If there was General Election tomorrow which way would you vote?

• Labour
    • Conservative
    • Lib Dem
    • Green
    • BNP
    • SNP / Plaid
    • Other (please explain)
    • Abstain / Spoil Ballot

Out of the main parties, I could not vote for the Tories as I have a social conscience and care about the more vulnerable in society. I could not vote for the wishy washy Lib Dems. Labour at least do not have the "Me, me, me!" attitude of the Tories but they have made so many mistakes that I don't think I could vote for them either. As far as I can see the only honest party are the Official Monster Raving Looney Party. I will vote for them, or if they do not field a candidate, then I will spoil my ballot paper as I did in the council by-election.

well, the post stared well, but then seemed to tail off somewhat.

does wishy washy mean "I don't think they'll get into government, so not worth voting for"?

seems quite an ill-infomed comment to me, that one.

Out of the main parties, I could not vote for the Tories as I have a social conscience and care about the more vulnerable in society...

:lol: Very neutral Jon :winkold:

does wishy washy mean "I don't think they'll get into government, so not worth voting for"?

In a roundabout way I think he's right. For domestic policies I think the Lib Dems are far and away the best party or the one most in line with how I see things. The trouble starts imo in their approach to the outside world which is indeed quite 'wishy washy'.

If they got a bit of a grip regarding foreign policy - and a new leader! - there's no way I wouldn't vote for them.

Not to mention Brown has screwed me again, according to the news today, flight levies to NZ from the UK have been upped to $298... **** disgrace..

Oh please. Yet Mr. Cameron flip-flopped repeatedly on VAT on air fares.

Guest Ricardomeister
Out of the main parties, I could not vote for the Tories as I have a social conscience and care about the more vulnerable in society. I could not vote for the wishy washy Lib Dems. Labour at least do not have the "Me, me, me!" attitude of the Tories but they have made so many mistakes that I don't think I could vote for them either. As far as I can see the only honest party are the Official Monster Raving Looney Party. I will vote for them, or if they do not field a candidate, then I will spoil my ballot paper as I did in the council by-election.

I think you have just proved that your comment is the ill-informed one as you don't seem to understand the English language. Therefore, as I am a nice guy, I will tell you that wishy washy means "lacking in decisiveness; without strength or character; irresolute." That sums up the Lib Dems pretty well in my humble opinion.

I think you have just proved that your comment is the ill-informed one as you don't seem to understand the English language. Therefore, as I am a nice guy, I will tell you that wishy washy means "lacking in decisiveness; without strength or character; irresolute." That sums up the Lib Dems pretty well in my humble opinion.

Touche :wink:

wishy washy means "lacking in decisiveness; without strength or character; irresolute." That sums up the Lib Dems pretty well in my humble opinion.

Based upon what? A hunch?

Oh dear.

some detail would be nice.

If you're going to write off a party as "wishy washy" without any evidence or facts, then that is your prerogative, but i find it a very weak and, yes, ill-informed stance.

a wishy washy point of view, in fact......

Out of the main parties, I could not vote for the Tories as I have a social conscience and care about the more vulnerable in society...

:lol: Very neutral Jon :winkold:

Hey, who said I was neutral?

:P

very left leaning, me.

just don't blindly follow one partcular party, so can take a more detached view on things

Â