The General Election / General politics topic (End Nov 2008)

bickster

If there was General Election tomorrow which way would you vote?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. If there was General Election tomorrow which way would you vote?

• Labour
    • Conservative
    • Lib Dem
    • Green
    • BNP
    • SNP / Plaid
    • Other (please explain)
    • Abstain / Spoil Ballot

I would vote Conservative and unless something dramatic happens to change my mind I will at the next election regardless. I think the country is ready for change.

From my point of view, albeit an outsider's point of view, I don't think the tories would be much of a change really.

In what specific areas do you believe the Conservative Party would change Britain for the better?

I would vote Conservative and unless something dramatic happens to change my mind I will at the next election regardless. I think the country is ready for change.

From my point of view, albeit an outsider's point of view, I don't think the tories would be much of a change really.

In what specific areas do you believe the Conservative Party would change Britain for the better?

I think you posted that on the very day that there became a very clear distinction between the two parties

I think you posted that on the very day that there became a very clear distinction between the two parties

Well, I haven't read the news. What's happened?

They both have completely differing and opposing solutions to the current economic crisis, clear and substantially different policy approaches, the lines between the two became significantly clearer after the pre-election speeches in the HOC

I dunno. I'm pretty much fed up of the two main parties and the system that supports them.

If I voted it would probably be on the basis of the candidates for my area and their feelings on local issues.

I think it's a bit sad really, that I don't look to government as a means of change and only really believe politics works at a local level.

Local MP's work within their communities to make things better I think, or at least good ones do, Governments and parties work to make the other side look bad so that they can win the four yearly political x-factor thing.

Lib Dems are such a waste it ain't worth it.

But if people stopped thinking like that then at least they might get enough seats in the house to offer a slightly wider spectrum of opinion and perhaps cut down on the oppressive majorities that the winning party tends to enjoy.

What we actually need in this country in a total overhaul of the electoral system.

Labour, it is sad we dont have a genuine party for the working man anymore though.

toay the working man and pensioners did very very well indeed

and as Bicks say there is clear vblue water between the two parties for the first time in decades

£60 one off payment for pensioners, pensions icreased at the peak of the inflation rate (remember who re linked pensions with inflation (give you a clue it was not the party that took the link away)), pension credit's also increased

for tax payers we are around £250 a year better off for basic rate payers, OK not great but at least we are

OK some of this will be got back but it was perfect for what is needed now

Â