economic situation is dire

ianrobo1

Forbes magazine did an interview peppered with technical questions to see if he really does have a trading background. Seems to know about the technical points they threw in.

Jury is still out, I think.

Someone said today.... they wondered if he might get bumped off when all the publicity dies down.

I'm not religious but I think as a country we are missing the moral guidance and community spirit religion brings. Shame there isn't a non-religious alternative at the same scale. We could do with it.

About the only good thing about the UK at the current time is that religion is dying on its repulsive, bigoted arse. Comuunity spirit indeed.

Secular humanism

Basically, do unto others what you want others to do unto you, deceptively simple concept.

I'm not religious but I think as a country we are missing the moral guidance and community spirit religion brings. Shame there isn't a non-religious alternative at the same scale. We could do with it.

Secular humanism

Basically, do unto others what you want others to do unto you, deceptively simple concept.

Thanks for the info legov. Sadly the concept seems to be lacking in the world these days.

Perhaps the BBC should do a bit more research into the people they bring on.

They certainly should.

Two things that really get me are the air time given to the Taxdodgers Alliance, and the habit of having people from City firms supposedly as independent experts, rather than as people with a highly partisan and contested viewpoint which needs to be balanced with something else.

If they had someone like UK Uncut or CPAG in the same role, we'd never hear the end of the squealing about the "left wing bias" of the Beeb.

guardian say Rastani isn't an elaborate prank/yes man

that said, he isn't exactly a big wig.

Yeah, the comments on that are pretty funny.

Apparently he's living in is girlfriends apartment and owes 5k+ in bad trades.

I liked this comment:

I occasionally have a kickabout in the park, but I'm not a real footballer.

If the BBC interviewed me, as a representative of professional footballers, about my opinions on Tevez not wanting to come on for Man City, they would be rightfully pilloried.

And if, despite the fact that it later turned out that I can do half a keepy-uppy at best, you agreed with my comments and thought they were a useful indicator of anything, that would make you rather gullible - wouldn't it?

They certainly should.

Two things that really get me are the air time given to the Taxdodgers Alliance, and the habit of having people from City firms supposedly as independent experts, rather than as people with a highly partisan and contested viewpoint which needs to be balanced with something else.

If they had someone like UK Uncut or CPAG in the same role, we'd never hear the end of the squealing about the "left wing bias" of the Beeb.

I'd rather hear from a UK Uncut representative than listen to a pretend trader.

Me too.

The comment from the Grauniad was a bit off the mark, though. Someone doing keepy-uppy in the park isn't a professional footballer. This guy does however apparently make his living (or part of it?) from being an "independent trader", as captioned in the original Beeb interview. He's not employed as one or accredited and regulated as one, but it sounds like he is what he presented as. The comparison with misleadingly presenting someone as a pro footballer is quite false.

Me too.

The comment from the Grauniad was a bit off the mark, though. Someone doing keepy-uppy in the park isn't a professional footballer. This guy does however apparently make his living (or part of it?) from being an "independent trader", as captioned in the original Beeb interview. He's not employed as one or accredited and regulated as one, but it sounds like he is what he presented as. The comparison with misleadingly presenting someone as a pro footballer is quite false.

From the sounds of it he makes his living by going out with a rich girlfriend :P

The "Occupy Wall St." movement is in it's 2nd week and seems to be growing. It's also spreading to Boston and L.A....this could be very interesting.

Not sure if they are doing a very good job since my office is closer to Wall Street than the plaza they are occupying and I haven't seen any sign of them other than a pizza box in the Wall Street station on Monday with "Eat the Rich" written on it. Should probably be renamed "Occupy the paved area beside Century 21 with the dodgy kebab carts".

From the sounds of it he makes his living by going out with a rich girlfriend :P

Perhaps we'll see something in Private Eye pointing out that the girlfriend is in fact a mate of someone in the newsroom who wanted suggestions for someone to interview...

The point though is whether his sentiments reflect what traders actually think. Many of the comments made on this are along the lines of "well yes, but so what, it's obvious, this is not news". He's no doubt less tactful than other traders they could have got, but does he see things the same as them?

Â