economic situation is dire

ianrobo1

Trader Alessio Rastani certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons yesterday morning with his interview on the Beeb.....

Makes one's hair curl listening to him.

Goldman Sach's Rules the World and we're all doomed

These days a few savvy fund managers are putting in place Put options and other hedging strategies to provide returns when markets fall. We've been saying FTSE 5,000 Risk Off... 5,500 Risk On for over 12 months now.

It's scary Julie feeling so out of control over your future and knowing people like Alessio have the power. There seems to be no guilt to it all. I can see his point of view about opportunity and self preservation but I don't think I could live with the guilt.

It isn't really going to matter what he says or does while Ed Milliband is in charge, is it?

very true though Balls is the Tory parties secret weapon so long may he stay in his role ..

I still don't think Ed will be leader by the next election ... just depends if it is David who puts the knifes in him or will he coerce someone else to do it on his behalf

This may be slightly OT but what the hell it made me laugh.....

John Pienaar on 5Live this morning to random Scouse lady:

JP: Which party do you think form the next government?

SCOUSER: Labour, everything was better under them. I believe we can get that bach...

JP: So what do you think about Ed Milliband?

SCOUSER: I don't know who he is. Never heard of him

JP (slightly incredulous): Ed Milliband, Leader of the Labour Party....?!

SCOUSER: Oh. Is that who it is. (Embarassed laugh)

It's scary Julie feeling so out of control over your future and knowing people like Alessio have the power. There seems to be no guilt to it all. I can see his point of view about opportunity and self preservation but I don't think I could live with the guilt.

The problem is that Hedge Fund Managers do not bring down companies or financial institutions.... that's a common misnoma...what they can do is speed the process up........it's just about smelling out a terminal illness... taking up your postion and then feasting on the dying remains.

We've all known this global debt crisis has just been moved around the chess board over the past three years to try and keep a sense of normality and stave off the inevitable.

I can see another ban on short selling.... but it won't stop the rot. Companies like Goldman Sachs already hold massive amounts of stocks on short contracts.

3 years ago, post Lehman's the world had a chance to take a step back, give itself a dust down and a reality check in the mirror and work for the greater good...... don't make me laugh!

Instead everyone looked at what they had and what they could gain and carried on down the path of short term greed and self interest.

Checkmate looms ever nearer!

There seems to be no guilt to it all. I can see his point of view about opportunity and self preservation but I don't think I could live with the guilt.

I don't think Investment banks include the words moral accountability or guilt in their working vocabulory... it's just seen as pure Darwinian survival of the fittest... no room for lilly-livered weakness.

Gold is always seen as a hedge in volatile times but even Gold prices have taken a knock lately, although I would still espouse it's value long term should markets remain as they are.

It IS scary and this might sound stupid but if the meat hits the metal then the only way communities can perhaps protect themseleves is to work together and become more self sufficient on a local basis. Support your local farmers and traders. Grow your own food and supplement fuel if you have the opportunity.

These days a few savvy fund managers are putting in place Put options and other hedging strategies to provide returns when markets fall. We've been saying FTSE 5,000 Risk Off... 5,500 Risk On for over 12 months now.
I have absolutely no idea what any of that means.

However, I have no wish to have it explained.

I'm not religious but I think as a country we are missing the moral guidance and community spirit religion brings. Shame there isn't a non-religious alternative at the same scale. We could do with it.

About the only good thing about the UK at the current time is that religion is dying on its repulsive, bigoted arse. Comuunity spirit indeed.

Trader Alessio Rastani certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons yesterday morning with his interview on the Beeb.....

Makes one's hair curl listening to him.

Goldman Sach's Rules the World and we're all doomed

It's pretty much the same as saying if there's a train crash, you should make sure you're strapped into your seat so you can walk round the dead and dying afterwards and take their wallets.

It's helpful that he's so frank about it, for anyone who had the slightest doubt about his sector.

I'm not religious but I think as a country we are missing the moral guidance and community spirit religion brings. Shame there isn't a non-religious alternative at the same scale. We could do with it.

About the only good thing about the UK at the current time is that religion is dying on its repulsive, bigoted arse. Comuunity spirit indeed.

Thanks for the bigoted reply :D

Thanks for the bigoted reply :D

Not been here long, then? :winkold:

Right, I'm off to collect some drift wood to use as fuel! Got some tomatoes in the greenhouse as well.

Well I'm getting a wood burner fitted that's for sure..... Loads round here to prune, store and burn.

Not to mention the sun gold tomatoes in the veranda along with a few rhubarb plants I've reared from seed.

Eden households are one of the highest users of electricity in the UK, because it's freeezing in winter and many villages have no mains gas connection. Therefore we're trying to put in place as many renewable energy schemes for communities as we can.

Digging for Britain... So Do your bit!

Talk that that Rastani chap maight be a 'Yes Men' stooge.

I'd like to think so but it's oh so believable.

Apparently they've denied it, but I've no idea whether they usually tell the truth about whether someone is with them.

Beeb say they've checked and he's genuine, for what it's worth.

Forbes magazine did an interview peppered with technical questions to see if he really does have a trading background. Seems to know about the technical points they threw in.

Jury is still out, I think.

Right, I'm off to collect some drift wood to use as fuel! Got some tomatoes in the greenhouse as well.

Digging for Britain... So Do your bit!

Right I will start off at the Asda Car park......

Oh you said Digging...sorry

There's always one! :suspect:

Come to think of it Supermarket waste bins are a great place to find free food! Most of them refuse to either give or even sell their out of date items cheap to their staff or indeed give it away to charity apparently.

Â