economic situation is dire

ianrobo1

The party of the rich, inequality and unfairness supported by the middles classes and working classes...?!!!!

And Labour have been supported by very many rich people, crazy eh?!

...maybe most people simply take a slightly more nuanced view of politics, rather than the 1970's class war you appear to subscribe to?

This made me chuckle earlier....

"Dear British Prime Minister

Please find below our suggestion for fixing the UK 's economy.

Instead of giving billions of pounds to banks that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan.

You can call it the Patriotic Retirement Plan:

There are about 10 million people over 50 in the work force.

Pay them £1 million each severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire.

Ten million job openings - unemployment fixed

2) They MUST buy a new British car.

Ten million cars ordered - Car Industry fixed

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage -

Housing Crisis fixed

4) They MUST send their grand kids to school/college/university -

Crime rate fixed

5) They MUST buy £100 WORTH of alcohol/tobacco a week ......

And there's your money back in duty/tax etc

It can't get any easier than that!

P.S. If more money is needed, have all members of parliament pay back their falsely claimed expenses and second home allowances

If you think this would work, please forward to everyone you know.

Also………..

Let's put the pensioners in jail and the criminals in a nursing home.

This way the pensioners would have access to showers, hobbies and walks.

They'd receive unlimited free prescriptions, dental and medical treatment, wheel chairs etc and they'd receive money instead of paying it out.

They would have constant video monitoring, so they could be helped instantly, if they fell, or needed assistance.

Bedding would be washed twice a week, and all clothing would be ironed and returned to them.

A guard would check on them every 20 minutes and bring their meals and snacks to their cell.

They would have family visits in a suite built for that purpose.

They would have access to a library, weight room, spiritual counselling, pool and education.

Simple clothing, shoes, slippers, PJ's and legal aid would be free, on request.

Private, secure rooms for all, with an exercise outdoor yard, with gardens.

Each senior could have a PC a TV radio and daily phone calls.

There would be a board of directors to hear complaints, and the guards would have a code of conduct that would be strictly adhered to.

The criminals would get cold food, be left all alone and unsupervised. Lights off at 8pm, and showers once a week. Live in a tiny room and pay £600.00 per week and have no hope of ever getting out.

Seems like Papandreou is on his way to resign so does this leave Greece on the road to snap elections (which would surely end up being asking the Greek people to support or not support the agreement made last week)?

Looks like the opposition have dropped all calls for an election instead favouring some sort of coalition so the EU mandate can be enforced without any regard to the will of the Greek people.

Bit strange, that. Imagine political parties seeking to make momentous decisions without seeking a mandate.

Reminds me of the time Ireland decided on austerity measures instead of asking the people what they would prefer. Phone calls between cabinet ministers in the dead of night, we have to agree to this before morning or the world will end.

Or the UK. If you don't agree this bailout in the next 2 hours, the cash machines will stop working.

Fall for it every time.

In fact, isn't it only Iceland who decided to go with what people wanted, rather than what the banks said? How are they doing at the moment?

I see the Cannes meeting has managed to exclude all members of the public, while Societe Generale (a recipient of bailout money) and about 20 other corporations have bribed ("sponsored") their way in to perch on the shoulders of delegates and whisper instructions in their ear.

Iceland agreed to the IMF bailout and have stuck to the terms agreed, much like the Greek government were trying to do. The referendum in Iceland you are talking about was about whether the government should honour the 'Icesave' debts run up by a private bank, not debts run up by the government itself like the problem the Greek government finds itself in.

Iceland and Ireland are a pretty good comparison. One had a referendum and let its crazy banking sector go bust, the other nationalized the debt. But comparing the situation in Greece with Iceland is comparing apples with oranges.

The party of the rich, inequality and unfairness supported by the middles classes and working classes...?!!!!

...maybe most people simply take a slightly more nuanced view of politics, rather than the 1970's class war you appear to subscribe to?

Did I mention anything about Labour...?

Did I mention anything about Labour...?

Don't you know the stock answer is always "ArBut Labour .....", as Cameron proved again this week there is no blame to be attached to him or the Tory party. How his "rules" have changed since he moved into number 10.

The other thing Tory supporters particularly hate is when its pointed out that their supporters are typically drawn from the more wealthy in society. Also the fact that sponsors of their party - who are clearly rewarded for this support with contracts - are from the very areas that most of Joe Public have an issue with in respect to the way business and society is heading. This is usually followed with a "ArBut Labour ...." comment.

But back on to the subjects in hand re the economy and how Gideon and Cameron continue to screw things up.

Did Theresa May really try and liken National economies to Household Budgets? - If she did, and many are saying it this morning, its shows a complete and utter lack of understanding on her and her party's part on the reality of society. I honestly cannot believe that she or the rest of the Tory leadership are so thick, but then again if you keep banging the message out I suppose the idea is that you can hide all your regressive policies and attacks on areas such as the NHS and hide behind that message - which is now suddenly "fact".

Also interesting that the xenophobic parts of the Tory and UKIP are now apparently challenging Gideon on the funds that the UK may be paying into the IMF, challenging where it could be paid to. link. Balls has said that Labour may well vote against any extra funds as they seem to favour the approach more directly to support the Euro. The problem for the Tory party is that their loathing for the Euro and anything to do with Europe actually stop them from considering what is best for this country and the world in general

on't you know the stock answer is always "ArBut Labour .....",

well actually I think it was intended to show the stock post of Hypocrisy from your side of the Red Tory party ( not used that H word for a while , feels good to drag it out again :-) )

Also the fact that sponsors of their party - who are clearly rewarded for this support with contracts

Shame on those Tories , at least from 97 -2010 donors had the dilemma of shall I take a knighthood or shall we take a new contract ...

Balls has said that Labour

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

I doubt there is a person on this planet that listens to anything this buffoon has to say

but then again if you keep banging the message out

indeed .. probably best to use some form of Spin Doctor for this ..wonder what Jo Moore is up to these days

Oh Tony - so again it's the "AhBut Labour ....." excuse again. Surely if as you claim the perception of many that the Tory party is not elitist or that it does not pander to the businessmen that provide funds for it, then how do you feel about the clear evidence that these perceptions are in fact true? The rewarding of donations is all there to see - and interesting how you mention peerages because in your world that has never happened with the Tory party? - so it would be good to hear your spin on how this is perfectly acceptable?

So you don't like Ed Balls so we have to ignore him, good to see that Flashman tactics as practised by Cameron in the commons also spills out to Tory supporters. The Tory party (and their Tory Lite - Lib Dem colleagues) are proving time and time again that they have nothing in the way of realistic ideas on how to address so many of the issues that face the world and the UK in particular. As May proved last night, the idea that country economics are the same as personal economics is just laughable and a pathetic attempt by her and the rest of the Gvmt to deflect any sort of questioning of what they are up to. Luckily a lot of the UK electorate are not as thick as she would hope and don;t fall for that crapo

It's so interesting to see that members of this Gvmt are still dumping letters in public bins, but of course incompetence is not a phrase we can use for them is it?

The Gvmt in its pre-election lie fest talked about being fair. Today we see that in the North especially this Gvmt are failing to address any of the real issues that will face this country in the coming years link - funny how these are areas that are not Tory held constituencies on the whole. I wonder if you can (without mentioning Labour) defend the Gvmt's awful record on record youth unemployment ?

then how do you feel about the clear evidence that these perceptions are in fact true?

probably the same way you felt when your mob were doing it , but somehow you seem to refuse to acknowledge that they ever did it and want to try and make some point about it being a Tory thing .. fine debate on policies and their impacts but to attack the govt on some high ground is just pure ...you know it's coming ..

Hypocrisy

Today we see that in the North especially this Gvmt are failing to address any of the real issues

Today :shock: ... so the study in 2008 that showed The North-South divide had widened to a 60-year high ( under Labour ) didn't happen and it's all a Tory thing ... damn those Tories even when not in government we all knew it was still their fault ... maybe the solution is easy though , perhaps Rochdale should vote Tory and it would suddenly become a hot bed of youth employment and work utopia

So you don't like Ed Balls so we have to ignore him

just when he opens his mouth on the economy

More dodging of the points raised and deflection eh Tony, only to be expected I suppose. The facts you still refuse to talk about are the rewarding of the political donations and the influence that is apparently bringing to certain companies. Does it happen? and if it does (and you know it does) are you OK with that?

Cracking deflection of the points re Youth unemployment I see. Do you agree that Youth Unemployment is far too high? So you accept then that as the gap grows wider between the North and south that Cameron et al was talking out of his arse when saying they would address this? Also very little to say on the changes the Gvmt are trying to bring in because of the inflation rate rising so quickly and how that affects schemes built on tracking it? What about the high inflation rates, the increases in unemployment, the lack of any real reduction in debts, all at a time when organisations (typically those who contribute a few quid to Tory party coffers) are seemingly doing OK? Maybe (again without mentioning Labour) you could explain why all of the above is OK in Tory party eyes?

The simple facts are staring all in the face that this Gvmt are still doing a shit job especially on the economy. Gideon looks like a kid in a bloke's world, no idea what to do, and gives off no indication that he is doing anything more than his puppet masters are telling him, with little care for the majority. Clegg and Cable are just complete and utter wasters who should resign now as they have no mandate whatsoever left. the old Tory traits of Eurosceptics, attacking the NHS, attacking front line services, South preference are oozing out and impacting this country not only now but also for the next few years. Many warned about them, and despite them not even getting a majority they are now forging ahead with these attacks with little regard other than to look after themselves and their minority supporters

Red Tory party
Not wishing to detract from the valid points you are making Tony but just picking up on this phrase you have used.

Not sure whether you did it intentionally or not but there is a cracking book called Red Tory out by Philip Blond that I would recommend anyone to read if they are interested in a new approach to the econimic ills facing us.

Now please carry on as you were. In the words of Maggie "I'm enjoying this"

So, the Italians have been told to decide 'on their own' to have the IMF come in and oversee their actions.

The G20 are going to increase their contributions to the IMF as much are as necessary.

The UK will not invest in a eurozone bailout fund.

The IMF, apparently, won't be doing so either.

Who will, then? And why do the G20 countries need to increase their contribution to the IMF?

The UK will not invest in a eurozone bailout fund.

The IMF, apparently, won't be doing so either.

Who will, then?

The Chinese?.... :lol:

And why do the G20 countries need to increase their contribution to the IMF?

Because the Germans have looked at an expanded EFSF and said "not likely mate", they blocked the ECB being used to hoover up useless Bonds and tried to pass the buck to the IMF and spread the risk of saving 'their' currency. Ultimately the IMF will have to come in but saying so now would send the 'wrong' message, imo.

Trouble is the underlying structural problems are not being addressed at all and the plan for the inevitable crisis that the creation of the Euro was expected to produce hasn't led to full fiscal integration - the original intention of its founding fathers. Greece and Germany having the same currency and interest rates without fiscal harmonisation is like tethering a gerbil to a race horse.

Why then should the rest of the world (or Britain) pay for the supreme idiocy of the megalomaniac EUphiles? Some pass off this view as essentially racism, an insult their kind have used so many times to close down sensible and reasoned debate on so many issues, particularly when they are demonstrably wrong. Now it's being deployed again to avoid any discussion of their economic illiteracy and inability to explain why, if the Euro is so great, its own members aren't prepared to sort out their own problems.

2 years ago Sarkosy said that if the £ got into trouble then the Eurozone wouldn't step in to help. Well suck it up Napoleon, it's your turn now.

EDIT: Speeling

The Chinese?.... :lol:

They appear to have suggested that they may throw some scraps this way by saying something about having $100,000m to spend 'abroad'. - or something like that.

And why do the G20 countries need to increase their contribution to the IMF?

Because the Germans have looked at an expanded EFSF and said "not likely mate", they blocked the ECB being used to hoover up useless Bonds and tried to pass the buck to the IMF and spread the risk of saving 'their' currency. Ultimately the IMF will have to come in but saying so now would send the 'wrong' message, imo.

Well, the question was largely rhetorical for the reason you state and for the comments I made, i.e. that this is how it's likely to end up, so all of the nonsense that Cameron and Osborne are trying to come out with (we won't be doing this directly, no country has ever lost money, yadda yadda) is, much as Carswell suggested yesterday, just weaselly. :)

Why not say so now? That's just kicking it further along the road, too.

EDIT: Unless, of course, no money is going anywhere and it's all going to based on more promises, nods, winks, 'guarantees' and plenty of imaginary friends.

Surely the prevarication (as seemingly epitomised by the jolly in Cannes - OT but saw a good headline on RT yesterday which was 'Cannes of worms') is just adding more problems to the situation?

to take anything Ed Balls says seriously you might as well be watching the matrix thinking this is a documentary on scientific advances.

Him, May and Harmann are probably the three most disgusting politicians going.

May - tries to act like some head mistress talking to her minions, when really she doesn't have a clue

Harmann - uses quick one liners in speeches to raise her clapathon profile in the house, is about party divides a lot more than policy when on tv, in fact policy rarely comes out of her mouth

Balls - well he is the sort of person who belittles others and I bet on the surface seems this cheeky chappy who tries to be a bit of a bulldog when it comes to tackling issues, but really he is just a massive twunt who probably even his own party sit away from in the HC canteen or when there is a round they "thought he was in the loo".

and on the subject of Caroline Flint - I bet she has taken it from a few back benchers, if there was a video it would be the "labour party cumfrence"

Andy Burnham - he is one of the gooduns I reckon. He comes across very well on BBCQT on the radio etc.

Hannan - I do enjoy him, when it comes to speaking no one is better, I just wish he wasn't stuck in Brussells where his influence is probably null. Not sure why he has never gone into UK politics. I read somewhere it was to keep him at arms reach from his euro sceptic views, however much of what he has said seems to be coming to fruition. He is fairly liberal in his thinking, but an ideal which can't really happen tbh.

on the subject of chinese investment. I will be investing in

2x egg fried rice

1x deep fried crispy chilli beef

1x special chow mein

1x roast duck cantonese style

keep that economy rocking.

Hannan - I do enjoy him, when it comes to speaking no one is better, I just wish he wasn't stuck in Brussells where his influence is probably null. Not sure why he has never gone into UK politics. I read somewhere it was to keep him at arms reach from his euro sceptic views, however much of what he has said seems to be coming to fruition. He is fairly liberal in his thinking, but an ideal which can't really happen tbh.

and with that goes any sort of credibility. The bloke is an odious twunt of the very highest order. His views on areas such as the NHS are the true face of the Tory party and the loathing of it and what it stands for. Even Cameron knows that and tries his best to keep him out of the mainstream because he knows that is a total votes loser to let that out as policy

Balls - well he is the sort of person who belittles others and I bet on the surface seems this cheeky chappy who tries to be a bit of a bulldog when it comes to tackling issues, but really he is just a massive twunt who probably even his own party sit away from in the HC canteen or when there is a round they "thought he was in the loo".

Considering how Cameron and his Flashman tactics come out when he is rattled, Balls is doing nothing more than winding up Cameron and his Bullingdon "chums". If he is hated for that, then he is loved by a lot more for it. Cameron often accuses Balls of things he is far more guilty of in terms of behavious and manners, Cameron and his patronising ways especially towards women cannot stand it when someone challenges him, and Balls does that anddoes it well

Â