economic situation is dire

ianrobo1

Brown was having none of it.

nice attempt at trying to rewrite history , you are a deluded as Brown is

you ought to read some accounts of what went on ..it wont surprise you to learn it's nothing like what you claim

Which bit dont you agree with...?

how about all of it

the thought that Brown was "having none of it" is just laughable ..The country had decisively rejected Gordon Brown and he was ignoring the will of the electorate by trying desperately to hold onto office by his fingernails.

So your saying that the liberals did not have any talks with Labour...?

you ought to read some accounts of what went on ..it wont surprise you to learn it's nothing like what you claim

how about all of it

the thought that Brown was "having none of it" is just laughable ..The country had decisively rejected Gordon Brown and he was ignoring the will of the electorate by trying desperately to hold onto office by his fingernails.

He had to stay on until a deal was done. Otherwise there's be a gap when no-one was in charge. It's the rules.

Do you think that If Cameron was in the same position he would not have tried to do the same thing....?

Clegg used it as Leverage to get as much for his party as he could. He tried to start a bidding war between the two parties. Brown was having none of it.

Cameron and Clegg knew there was a strong possibility that it could be hung parliament. There was a 40 minute conversation on the telephone before the two of them which was many of them believe they made some kind of pact.

Could you please, please let me know where you got your info. I want to read it

how about all of it

it's well documented that they spoke to both sides , it's your somewhat fictional version of events over Brown that I am questioning

how about all of it

it's well documented that they spoke to both sides , it's your somewhat fictional version of events over Brown that I am questioning

A Phone call between Clegg and Brown near the end of the negotiations.

“Clegg called and asked for more time”

GB: Time for what.Unless you can tell me you have broken of talks with the torries I will assume you are going with the torries. I am now in an impossible position. Nick you have made your choice. I am not going to go on.

I voted for the Lib dems after hearing their policies, they never stuck by any of them and backed up the Tories to get their toe in in power, how is that right?

All parties break promises .. Accept this and then everything will be ok :-)

Don't accept 'this' and things may begin to get better.

Clegg used it as Leverage to get as much for his party as he could. He tried to start a bidding war between the two parties. Brown was having none of it.

Cameron and Clegg knew there was a strong possibility that it could be hung parliament. There was a 40 minute conversation on the telephone before the two of them which was many of them believe they made some kind of pact.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/liberaldemocrats/1580460/Lib-Dems-planned-coalition-pact-with-Tories.html

You would be naive to think that this did not happen. Clegg is now a mere pawn in the Tories plans. He wanted the power and he got it but at what price.

"Lib Dems planned coalition pact with Tories"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/liberaldemocrats/1580460/Lib-Dems-planned-coalition-pact-with-Tories.html]

yeah you are right, they had talks with Brown

you have completely missed the point. Of course there was nothing official it was fairly obvious to any one who has any political sense that an " off the record pact had been made"

Its even been reported in the daily Mail....>!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-513240/Lib-Con-pact-Clegg-offers-prop-Tory-government-Cameron-agrees-power-share-deal.html

Its not the Daily Mail thats for sure...!

you have completely missed the point. Of course there was nothing official it was fairly obvious to any one who has any political sense that an " off the record pact had been made"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-513240/Lib-Con-pact-Clegg-offers-prop-Tory-government-Cameron-agrees-power-share-deal.html

:lol:

You simply can't just write that level of debt off without there being consequences for the rest of us

No doubt the British tax payer will end up picking up the tab for a slice of this

I think it is mostly money owed to French and German banks so it is them who will take the biggest hit. It will be taxpayers in those contries who will have to recapitalise those banks.

UK taxpayers are not really involved this time, unless Greece defauts and our banks have to pay out all the insurance against default they were offering.

I think I would have voted for the war if the government told me Iraq had WMD and could land missiles in the UK within 45minutes .

Interesting again that Labour supporters only defence of the war is to mention Tories , its as though you have no real belief that bunch of crooks were up to it hence the need to deflect

You really do not have a clue do you?

Cameron supported Blair and the call for war - 2006

Tory leader calls for stronger action against Iraq - 2002

Cameron still supports the war - 2010

Read Hagues comments pre the war and how he claimed actions did not go far enough

Michael Howard tried a marketing spin during his failed election campaign, that some still try to spout now as fact - see you posts earlier. The reality is simple here, the Iraq war was and still is supported by members of both the Labour and the Tory party, some supporters still being the leaders of that party. The only party that was really against it were the Lib Dems.

Don't forget this also which completely blows your flawed argument out of the water

In 2003, Conservatives voted with the Government to send British troops into military action, while all Liberal Democrats MPs opposed the war. Tony Blair relied on Conservative votes to carry the motion authorising conflict, since 139 Labour MPs rebelled against their party’s whip.

Â