Decisions, decisions...

Don_Simon

Villa win Premier League v England win World Cup  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Villa win Premier League v England win World Cup

• Villa and The Premiership?
    • England and the Jules Rimet?

Obviously it's Villa winning the Premier League for me as I'm not English.

Ya know, I'm a patriot and a supporter of my own country's national team, but the idea of the USA winning the World Cup is so ridiculous that I can't even entertain such a hypothetical question. Come to think of it, if the USA did win the World Cup some how, I'd almost be embarrased by it, and would have to wonder whether the whole thing was rigged. Seriously.

england every day of the week for me.

before i voted, i expected to see about 90%-10% split. and it was 88%-12%, so i'm not far off.

this is a villa board. I guess on other boards of Prem league clubs you'd see similar ratios.

plus, i've already seen Villa win the league :nod:

England winning the world cup. The greater good and all that.

indeed. the whole country would just be euphoric. Even some women!

I'd be celebrating with my mates for days, most (all) of whom aren't Villa fans.

the country would get such a massive feel good boost from it. Pubs would benefit immensely.

I'd be celebrating with my mates for days, most (all) of whom aren't Villa fans.

the country would get such a massive feel good boost from it. Pubs would benefit immensely.

Must I point out the part that made me surprised enough to quote...? :shock:

It has, but we can do it again. ;) Villa all the time, no matter what.

Yes, it was a wonderfull summer when Sweden got 3rd in 94 not think about what it would be like if we against all odds won it. But Villa is and always will be the big love for me in football.

I went for England. If it was Champions League, rather than Premier League, then I would say Villa.

Villa and the Premier League

An England win would be nice, but couldn't stand the media crap surrounding it.

I have zero interest in the Chumps League and wouldn't even attend a final.

It would help, but i'll take a wild guess that it's the party about wimmin?

just to extrapolate:

I've followed England quite a bit, and, in my experience, the further england progress in a competition like the world cup, the more wimmin i see gradually coming out to support them (albeit in the pub, often with their blokes and mates).

these are usually women who, in my experience, for 99% of the time have no interest in football whatsoever. They also don't tend to have watched the earlier games, or the qualifiers.

But when the Gen Public get whipped up into a nationalistic frenzy becuase the buys are doing well in the WC, every man (and woman) and his/her dog seem to come out to watch.

This is based on a few QF's and a Semi. Imagine the frenzy if we ever got to the final.

I went for England. If it was Champions League, rather than Premier League, then I would say Villa.

I think id rather win the Premier League than the Champions League. In fact, i know i would.

Ditto.

Any out of a numebr of teams can win the champions league with the format it has now. it takes something a lot more special to win the prem.

just to extrapolate:

I've followed England quite a bit, and, in my experience, the further england progress in a competition like the world cup, the more wimmin i see gradually coming out to support them (albeit in the pub, often with their blokes and mates).

these are usually women who, in my experience, for 99% of the time have no interest in football whatsoever. They also don't tend to have watched the earlier games, or the qualifiers.

But when the Gen Public get whipped up into a nationalistic frenzy becuase the buys are doing well in the WC, every man (and woman) and his/her dog seem to come out to watch.

This is based on a few QF's and a Semi. Imagine the frenzy if we ever got to the final.

Even some women!!!! lol....

I think there are more than you think. And you may think they have no interest in football before the England games, but you may be surprised. I get it all the time... People thinking Im in the pub watching the game for the one match - when I tell them I'm actually a Season Ticket holder, I get the look of disbelief.

just to extrapolate:

Even some women!!!! lol....

I think there are more than you think. And you may think they have no interest in football before the England games, but you may be surprised. I get it all the time... People thinking Im in the pub watching the game for the one match - when I tell them I'm actually a Season Ticket holder, I get the look of disbelief.

I think what he meant were "some women" who normally wouldn't have an interest but get excited during the world cup.

And there are a lot of them. A lot of blokes too mind you.

Â