Which is the best console?

Pelle

Which is the best consloe?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best consloe?

• Playstation 3
    • Xbox 360
    • Nintendo Wii

i own both, and prefer the ps3 only when i look at it on whole, but the potential for the ps3 compared to the xbox, apperently, is amazing but we will haev to wait for developers to make the ps3 the lead consolse, or the potential will never be used, which will be a shame

on the price front, the ps3 is basicly the same price as the xbox if u get all the add-ons , to raise the xbox to have the same features as the ps3, i.e. wireless, bigger HDD, blue-ray player (if/when it comes out)

360 has the polish of Microsoft and extra time on its side. PS3 when it is close to its full potential will wipe the floor with the 360.

I agree, problem is Microsoft sucessfuly pulled off an early gen release one year before Sony. This means that by the time PS3 gets to its full potential the 360 life cycle will have expired and Microsoft will be releasing the next generation Xbox hardware. Sony can either hope that the PS3 has enough juice to last through 2 gens or release the PS4 early which would seriously piss off anyone who bought a PS3 in the last year or coming year.

I've played them all enough to form an opinion, so this is what I think..

PS3 - I can't say I was too impressed, to me it just felt like a PS2 with a bit of a graphics upgrade so it got very dull to play very quickly. The online is okay, but in my opinion is lightyears behind the 360 in this.

Xbox 360 - Like the PS3, it did just feel the same as the previous console, with a bit of a visual upgrade, but the online mode is quite incredible. I'd even go as far as saying a 360 is worth buying just for the online play, I think it's better than a PS3 in every way except maybe it's visuals, but even then it's a close call for me.

Wii - Unlike the others, it's new. It feels different with it's completely new way of playing and increases it's life, so you aren't going to get bored so easy. The online mode and visuals aren't as great as the other 2, but it more than makes up with it with it's 'enjoyability', in my opinion.

1. 360

2. Wii

3. PS3

That's how I'd rate them personally.

If truth be told, PC is my favourite format. :P

But games on PC are so difficult to play?!

I've only ever played Championship/Football Manager and Age of Empires on the PC. I couldn't imgaine playing a first person shooter for example, with a keyboard! I can just about do it with a pad on a console

The crazy thing there is the one you described as "new" is essentially a Gamecube in a different box with a funky control scheme that doesnt always work.

I dunno about that, Madden 08 is probably the greatest game I've ever played, the controls make it so easy and comfortable, I've tried playing it with a regular control and it's pretty terrible and frustrating. I'd much prefer a Wii over a PS3, then when you take the price into account, there's only one decision to make.

I couldn't imgaine playing a first person shooter for example, with a keyboard!

:shock:

Mouse and keys is so far ahead of D pad for FPS its unbelievable. Honestly, get something like Half Life 2 on your PC (it should be as cheap as hell now, its fantastic, it will run on anything reasonably new) and you will see what i mean.

The crazy thing there is the one you described as "new" is essentially a Gamecube in a different box with a funky control scheme that doesnt always work.

I dunno about that, Madden 08 is probably the greatest game I've ever played, the controls make it so easy and comfortable, I've tried playing it with a regular control and it's pretty terrible and frustrating. I'd much prefer a Wii over a PS3, then when you take the price into account, there's only one decision to make.

Yes, but the Wii is still essentially a Gamecube in a different box with a new controller. Not saying thats a bad thing, I had a Gamecube and I really liked it but the Wii isnt really as "new" as people like to suggest. Nintendo have done a great job of bringing new people to gaming but they arent really catering for the hardcore/enthusiast gaming market. Its a machine full of PS2 conversions that dont really work and threadbare AAA support from Nintendo. The only Wii exclusive game released in 08 that id say I were genuinely interested in would have been Boom Blox. Before that it would have been Mario Galaxy, but that was 12 months old this weekend. Its a barren land on Nintendo's system if you have the same mentality as me I guess. The price argument is moot too. Have you seen what 360's are retailing for now?

Â