How many of the 100 do you like?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. How many of the 100 do you like?

• 0-15
    • 16-30
    • 31-45
    • 46-60
    • 61 and over

'To the End' would be a better choice, or 'Tender'.

The Great Escape is a cracking album though. Rediscovered it t'other day.

Yeah 'Tender' is an awesome tune. Not sure on 'To the End', will give it another listen.

Just had another quick look and there are 22 out of your 100 that I have got or like.

Thought it was more originally

Almost the same percentage as Blandy

I've just been given Tom Jones' new single to review for the student paper. Needless to say, it won't be making anyone's top 100 now, or at any point in the future.

I've just been given Tom Jones' new single to review for the student paper. Needless to say, it won't be making anyone's top 100 now, or at any point in the future.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

That's not unusual you know

Will it be loved by ANYONE?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Blue card here please! Shocking jokes.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Blue card here please! Shocking jokes.

If you cross in a decent ball.....it's going to get hit on the Volley i'm afraid! :lol:

I like around half of your selection, although I do not know them all. I have started my top 100 more than once in my head but it seems a task that can never be completed as new records come out each year and some great ones may slip the memory and to be accurate would need a list of every record ever made and more time than any of us have to listen to them. But, its fun to think about and it has started me thinking of my top 100 again...

Rob won't be happy The Beach Boys only scraped it in at number one hundred!

:lol:

maybe the entries at number 35 and 38 by some other group will please him then :winkold:

Haha missed them, well spotted!

:shock: Alphabetic order rather than preference? :shock:

Putting them in order of preference is near impossible. I would be changing it every day/hour!!!!!

I like around half of your selection, although I do not know them all. I have started my top 100 more than once in my head but it seems a task that can never be completed as new records come out each year and some great ones may slip the memory and to be accurate would need a list of every record ever made and more time than any of us have to listen to them. But, its fun to think about and it has started me thinking of my top 100 again...

Yeah you will find it changes from time to time when you re discover an old track or a new belter comes out. I think one of the new Coldplay tunes will feature relatively soon.

I think in the past year I have changed around 10 of them I would post it as a note on Facebook because when you change a tune, put what the old one was and the new one. So you know which tune you relegated.

I like a good half of them - the old stuff, basically (surprise, surprise).

But I repeat my earlier comment - this is a list of favourite TRACKS and NOT singles.

I did change the paragraph.....

If I can find links to YouTube for them then I will do that. Might start this evening. But that can be an arse because people remove videos all the time.

Johnny Cash - Hurt

This isn't a tune you will think is "alright". You will either love it.....hate it....or go...it's not as good as the original.

It's a lot different to the original. The video was voted by critics as one of the greatest videos ever. It basically sums up his entire life in a set of lyrics, which I think is why he picked it.

His wife died a few weeks after this video was made, and I think he passed away a couple of months after, most likely of a broken heart. Sounds funny, but that happens a lot more than you think.

And I think this would make an awesome video for someone like McGrath, Adams, Merson, Cantona, Best. Awesome players that had their flaws.

By the way people

34 Ghostwritter - RJD2

If you have never heard that one and you like chillout/DJ Shadow then you will love this. It's a great track. I used to listen to it every morning.

In the interests of trying something new, I just had a listen to that, and I quite like it - as far as it goes. But I do have this problem with "groove"-based music - from James Brown on through George Clinton and up to current dance-y stuff - I always end up thinking "nice intro - when's the song going to start?". Because that's what it sounds like: unfinished; a rather good backing track waiting for somebody to come and put an actual song onto it. At times it did remind me of some of the funky Stax instrumentals that the likes of Booker T and the MGs used to do, but even they would have had a human drummer and a couple of jazzy organ and guitar solos to give it some life and shape.

But yeah, it's still OK, even if I wouldn't buy stuff like that.

By the way people

34 Ghostwritter - RJD2

If you have never heard that one and you like chillout/DJ Shadow then you will love this. It's a great track. I used to listen to it every morning.

In the interests of trying something new, I just had a listen to that, and I quite like it - as far as it goes. But I do have this problem with "groove"-based music - from James Brown on through George Clinton and up to current dance-y stuff - I always end up thinking "nice intro - when's the song going to start?". Because that's what it sounds like: unfinished; a rather good backing track waiting for somebody to come and put an actual song onto it. At times it did remind me of some of the funky Stax instrumentals that the likes of Booker T and the MGs used to do, but even they would have had a human drummer and a couple of jazzy organ and guitar solos to give it some life and shape.

If someone gave it to you on a compilation cd would you listen to it though?

I think equating a tune to whether you would buy it can be a bit of a no brainer especially with that RJD2 track. It's pretty much the only track I like on his album and even I wouldn't buy the album because there is one song in 12 tracks I like.

That is the problem with some artists.

New Radicals - You Only Get What You Give

it's the only track I liked on that album as well, which is why I love bit torret.

I counted it to be 15 songs on that list that I like. Guess it's good enough. Haven't heard all of them either. My general feeling though, is that if I put up such a list it wouldn't contain that many different bands and artists as you have. And yes, there would be more than one band on it. :P

By the way people

34 Ghostwritter - RJD2

If someone gave it to you on a compilation cd would you listen to it though?

Simple answer: Yes.

Â