Which team do you CURRENTLY hate the most?

ender4

Which team do you CURRENTLY HATE the most?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Which team do you CURRENTLY HATE the most?

• Liverpool
    • Newcastle
    • Spurs
    • Man Utd
    • Chelsea
    • Man City
    • West Ham
    • Arsenal
    • Portsmouth
    • Other

I don't see this "Spurs are a big club" notion. Yeah they have some big named players and have had a lot more in the past but I don't really see them as big. They've got a shit stadium, shit backroom staff and haven't won anything notable (except Carling Cup) for a while (I think anyway, quote me on that if I'm wrong). They have a lot of fans but I don't see them as a big club. The only reason they are uttered in the same breath as Arsenal, Chelsea, etc - is because they are from London. If Tottenham was in Birmingham they would not be a big club. Just like we're not, apparantly.

Much of what the original poster wrote of other clubs could be written about the Villa, so i prefer to just pay teams like Spurs, Man City, Newcastle and West Ham the respect that their stature and history deserves.

yeah, i agree that 'new-found wealth' and 'deluded supporters' could also be said about Villa, rather than Man City or Newcastle.

but West Ham shouldn't be in the Premier league, as they cheated to stay up.

and the media-love over Spurs is nothing like it with Villa.

Spurs - small club thinks they're a big club, media w&nkfest.

I dont like Spurs but no-one can doubt they are a big club. If Spurs are not a big club then nor are we.

don't want to turn this into a thread about Spurs, nor about what defines a big club... but...

in top 6 TWICE in the history of the Premiership (last 16 years). thats not a big club, Newcastle, Blackburn, Villa, Leeds, etc have all done much more than that.

Spurs European trophies? nope.

League titles? Blackburn, Sunderland, Newcastle have won more.

anyway, back to the Hating of other clubs :lol:

I dont like Spurs but no-one can doubt they are a big club. If Spurs are not a big club then nor are we.

Are you a Small Heath fan then? :winkold:

Who's worse lads, West Brom or Birmingham?

Bham City fans are much worse. They are thugs, and they hate the Villa with a passion.

West Brom fans are usually a decent bunch, and you can have good banter with them.

I have to say i was gutted that you couldnt vote for more than one , Spurs , Liverpool really are up there as the ones i hate the most

Does anyone else think Liverpool are one defeat away from crumbling ? I know that doesnt make sense but they seem so damn lucky this year its annoying

Has to be Liverpool for me. So many plastics around and they love to let you know they have won, when they've never been to Liverpool let alone Anfield.

One of my mates who is originally from Walsall (his dad is Tesco bags fan) reckons he's a big Liverpool fan but has never been to a game or even shown any inclination to go. Was going on last week about how MOTD was so unfair to the cheeky scousers and when the Wigan game was on first said "Finally, we get more than 30 seconds at the end of the show". I asked him if he was taking the piss and he swore blind Liverpool get no coverage!

I'm really surprised Spuds are up there, i'd never have put them high up in the hatred stakes at Villa. What's the number 1 main reason why? I liked the line in 'In Bruges' where Brendan Gleeson is going on about Purgatory -"Purgatory is not really bad and not really great, a bit like Tottenham Hotspur!" - Excellent film actually.

don't want to turn this into a thread about Spurs, nor about what defines a big club... but...

in top 6 TWICE in the history of the Premiership (last 16 years). thats not a big club, Newcastle, Blackburn, Villa, Leeds, etc have all done much more than that.

Spurs European trophies? nope.

League titles? Blackburn, Sunderland, Newcastle have won more.

anyway, back to the Hating of other clubs :lol:

haven't spuds won the UEFA ??

Liverplop for me then Blooz

i wonder if this question was posed on another teams forums whether they would say Villa. Birmingham City would say us and that it. I'm not sure if thats a good or bad thing, the fact that no one says Villa may just mean they see us as insignificant and pointless.

i wonder if this question was posed on another teams forums whether they would say Villa. Birmingham City would say us and that it. I'm not sure if thats a good or bad thing, the fact that no one says Villa may just mean they see us as insignificant and pointless.

thats a good point.

If this poll was on other Premiership forums, i would guess that everyone would still hate Liverpool!!!

as for Villa, yes we would be insignificant. We have hardly ruffled anyone's feathers in the past 90 years.

I don't think most of our fans are that arrogant, the media definitely don't love us, we don't have any big premiership rivalries.

I would say a better way of looking is how many clubs have us as their favourite club outside of their own one ?

Man Utd, Fantasy Time against Sheffield Wednesday in 1993 when Steve Bruce bagged 2 goals to give them 3 points when we could only manage a 0-0 at Villa Park against Coventry was the day football changed forever. Their fans since that day have become such a bunch of arrogant tossers I have never had need to hate any other team since. Could have been oh so different if we won that first Premier League Title and Red Faced Fergie had got the tick tack. I can say they have had some great teams and players its just the Fans that get to me and make me want them to implode. As for the great unwashed i feel pity for them more than hatred must be hard to live in the shadows!!

Man Utd, Fantasy Time against Sheffield Wednesday in 1993 when Steve Bruce bagged 2 goals to give them 3 points when we could only manage a 0-0 at Villa Park against Coventry was the day football changed forever. Their fans since that day have become such a bunch of arrogant tossers I have never had need to hate any other team since. Could have been oh so different if we won that first Premier League Title and Red Faced Fergie had got the tick tack. I can say they have had some great teams and players its just the Fans that get to me and make me want them to implode. As for the great unwashed i feel pity for them more than hatred must be hard to live in the shadows!!

i was only 5 in 93, how close were villa then to winning the title? i checked the table and they were 10 points ahead :?

Well we played some cracking footy that season beat Man Utd twice at Villa Park once in the League Cup got a draw at Old Trafford beat Liverpool and Arsenal home and away and we were looking really good until Dean Saunders decided to have a love affair with the Woodwork and Big Ron dropped a clanger by playing an unfit Dalian Atkinson instead of a brilliant young Dwight Yorke who had took his place through injury and played a blinder. That game when we drew 0-0 with Cov after playing em off the park and the news came through that United were losing 1-0 going into injury time everyone was still buzzing that the Title was still on but playing something like 12 minutes of injury when they bagged 2 goals you just got the feeling then the tide had turned and we spluttered our way through the rest of the season finishing 10 points behind. If you have not got the season review of that year buy it you wont regret it you will see some amazing goals and football.

Â