Spotify - an online music service

bickster

So why would I use this instead of Itunes for listening to music, given that itunes has the added advantage of managing my ipod?

Because it's like the biggest free jukebox you'll ever listen to.

Want to listen to a song? Type it in, it's there.

You'll get the standard recommendations of similar artists and all that.

You've got a world of premade playlists, and you can make and share your own.

The VT playlist is very nice, although I think TonyH may have made too many contributions on it :D

You'll love it.

Not for me mate, liking it lots though - it's surprised me twice today.

The VT playlist is very nice...

Might have dropped one or two numbers in there today possibly...

Not for me mate, liking it lots though - it's surprised me twice today.

The VT playlist is very nice...

Might have dropped one or two numbers in there today possibly...

Le Onde?

Ps - Got your text, no credit to reply, apologies about that.

So why would I use this instead of Itunes for listening to music, given that itunes has the added advantage of managing my ipod?

Because it's like the biggest free jukebox you'll ever listen to.

You'll get the standard recommendations of similar artists and all that.

You've got a world of premade playlists, and you can make and share your own.

The VT playlist is very nice, although I think TonyH may have made too many contributions on it :D

You'll love it.

Gotcha

So I'd use it instead of songza for listening to music people recommended and stuff like that

Flatterer - but really, you don't want be working in a record shop in your mid thirties.

Trim Click Here...

Gave your playlist some classical numbers - a bit of Tippet for Sled.

The Spotify Classical library is mostly based at the budget end of the spectrum, but there's good stuff there - impressive range too.

Decent service Spotify.

• 2 weeks later...
iPhone users with Premiuim access?

REJOICE!

So the pressure is now on Apple to accept a product for the iphone that has the capability to put a rather large dent in itunes sales. Or the spotify crew could just say "screw you" and build an app for Symbian/Android/Win Mobile :lol:

Managed to find a better quality version from a Polish site - though I'm in the hunt for an AIFF or a vinyl cut.

Doing some burns Wednesday - Nothing you'll find on Spotify - guaranteed.

It'll be psych, soundtrack, exotica sort of gear.

There might be some brand spanking new dub-step in the pipeline too, I'll keep you informed.

You've moved haven't you? PM me where you want it sent.

At the studio where I work we have 'Spotify Friday' where from 9am until 5.30 we take it in turns to play a song from Spotify.

It's safe to say that with eight of us in the studio and an age group that spans early twenties to late fifties, we get quite the eclectic end of week soundtrack. :mrgreen:

Spotify is fantastic.

Managed to find a better quality version from a Polish site - though I'm in the hunt for an AIFF or a vinyl cut.

Doing some burns Wednesday - Nothing you'll find on Spotify - guaranteed.

It'll be psych, soundtrack, exotica sort of gear.

There might be some brand spanking new dub-step in the pipeline too, I'll keep you informed.

You've moved haven't you? PM me where you want it sent.

**** yeah, I've moved 5 times since last time, but I've got a feeling I might be back at the same again now, Postcode is ... 4JA?

Anyways, if ye can sunshine!

At the studio where I work we have 'Spotify Friday' where from 9am until 5.30 we take it in turns to play a song from Spotify.

It's safe to say that with eight of us in the studio and an age group that spans early twenties to late fifties, we get quite the eclectic end of week soundtrack. :mrgreen:

Spotify is fantastic.

Class man, sheer class. Where abouts you work BTW? (Geographical not company name)

I know im whittering on about this...but what a programme lol. Im getting random peoples playlists just whacked on and its so much better than listening to my own stuff all the time. You know when you hear a song and think ace song, but never knew the name. :) For instance Electric feel by MGMT, never heard of them but iv heard the song before and its awsome.

Â