Spotify - an online music service

bickster

Thanks for the invite Chris but unfortunately, spotify free is not available in the USA!

Dont you just love the record industry!! The same fucktards that stops me from listening to Pandora.com.

GO BUST ALREADY!!!!! :twisted:

Thanks for the invite Chris but unfortunately, spotify free is not available in the USA!

Dont you just love the record industry!! The same fucktards that stops me from listening to Pandora.com.

It really is a bit **** up. I was in Brum Saturday looking on youtube for a song by Elbow (Forget Myself) but it came up saying that this video is no longer available in your country.....I get back over here and can watch it no problem! I just dont get why I can listen to a British band in America but not at home!

It really is a bit **** up. I was in Brum Saturday looking on youtube for a song by Elbow (Forget Myself) but it came up saying that this video is no longer available in your country.....I get back over here and can watch it no problem! I just dont get why I can listen to a British band in America but not at home!

That one is the fault of the Performing Rights Society (another form of legalised gangtserism) (there is a topic on this subject somewhere)

right then, i joined up created a playlist

now how do i get the songs from my playlist to my mp3 player? you cant do the old download using real player trick

Unless your MP3 player happens to support Vorbis (not many do, but there are some), you're not going to be able to do anything with the native format Spotify uses.

Loopback to line-in should work... yea for the analog hole!

(heheheheheheheheheh.... loopback... hole... heheheheheheheheheh)

Intersting that they've just done a deal with 7Digital so you can buy the tunes you're listening to. And 320kbps sample rate too. Doesn't say about DRM though. The article makes an interesting point about how fewer users are signoing up for subscriptions than they thought, so this 7Digital tie in has come quicker than thay anticipated.

The publicity campaign has been kinda quiet though. Were they hoping it would explode through places like Twitter and Facebook for free advertising?

• 2 weeks later...

Spotify Done Good

Can only mean more music coming thru from the UK artists, which is nice, hopefully a few indies will get on it too.

As someone said to me today though, how long can it last?

It must be a MASSIVE drain on the servers, and the advertising can't be that lucrative.

The Villatalk Spotify Playlist, add what you like :D

It must be a MASSIVE drain on the servers, and the advertising can't be that lucrative.

Not necessarily, since it runs as a P2P swarm... the servers are only there for the tracks that aren't that popular.

Not necessarily, since it runs as a P2P swarm... the servers are only there for the tracks that aren't that popular.

But with the amount of people, all over the world (nearly), surely they'd still get a major bashing?

But with the amount of people, all over the world (nearly), surely they'd still get a major bashing?

The beauty of P2P is that the more people that join in, the less load there is on the servers (since the odds increase that someone somewhere has the requested song).

Â