Spotify - an online music service

bickster

Probably b-i-n-d-u-n in the iphone thread but as Spotify is available to Google Android as well I thought I better post it here. Fantastic app for a phone!

Nah, not when you own most of the music you play anyway, paying that much to proof hear some new releases, is a bit of a rip imo

Probably b-i-n-d-u-n in the iphone thread but as Spotify is available to Google Android as well I thought I better post it here. Fantastic app for a phone!

Nah, not when you own most of the music you play anyway, paying that much to proof hear some new releases, is a bit of a rip imo

The coming generation will never be a record buying/owning lot. On demand listening is the future, even if us old farts disagree.

I disagree and I'm 21. Owning music means a lot more than just listening to it.

Yes, but you have more of a interest in music than your average punter, showed by your taste and your interest in anything other than bland.

Pop music lovers won't be interested in hard copys, junglists and other alternative fans tend to be more hardcore.

BTW, iPhone app out today.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Right, this appears to be invite only still, so how does one go about getting any invites? I could be dumb and just cant find it but the missus now has her own computer (which is dangerous enough in itself)

PM me you're email address Bicks and I'll invite you.

Can you invite me too? Or is it only 1 invite per person? :(

I'd appreciate it.

8)

i've got a bunch of invites. PM email if needed

What are the invites for? Spotify iPhone?

The free registration the UK had has been pulled, invite only at the moment.

Anyone got a spotify invite they could send my way? Would be much apreciated.

Thanks.

Pm me your email.

Thanks for the invite Tegis

Using it now....quite like it. Most of the music I like is on there....but I have fairly mainstream tastes. Will give it a few days and probably upgrade to premium so i can use it on my iphone.

Why did they stop open registration? Too many users?

Apparently yes. From their blog:

Back to invites for a while in the UK

September 10, 2009, 15:30

I wanted to quickly let everyone know that due to the huge demand in the UK over the last few days since we launched our mobile service, we are going to have to temporarily reinstate our invite system in the UK. We are invite-only in all our other launch countries but we hope to be able to remove the need for an invite again very soon. Premium users will of course still get instant access as per usual and all current users will be able to use Spotify as normal!

Â