Which is the bigger nightclub...The Academy or Gatecrasher

benevans

In terms of size, what nightclub is bigger, Birmingham Academy or Gatecrasher?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. In terms of size, what nightclub is bigger, Birmingham Academy or Gatecrasher?

• Birmingham Academy
    • Gatecrasher, Broad St

As Wendy Wu once said, I used to go to Barbarella's.

B lody Hell, theres a band I really had forgotten all about until you posted that Nike

The Photos, Eveshams finest, thing is I never really rated them tbh (and Barbarella's was just a wee bit early for me

As Wendy Wu once said, I used to go to Barbarella's.

B lody Hell, theres a band I really had forgotten all about until you posted that Nike

The Photos, Eveshams finest, thing is I never really rated them tbh (and Barbarella's was just a wee bit early for me

No, I wasn't a fan of the Photos. And to be honest, Barbs was a bit of a shithole. But it was all we had, along with Bogarts and the Top Rank. I missed out on the Cedar Club and the Rum Runner for some reason.

• 2 months later...

Rather than start a new thread... Is Gatecrasher any good? I've not been since I've been away at uni, but it's on the cards for this weekend, possibly tomorrow night for the indie night. I've heard good things from mates at uni about the Bristol one, but know nothing of this one. Had a mooch on the site and it looks alright, even if it has the most pretentious dress code ruling I've ever seen, but I've got the fear that since it's newish still, and looks to be alright as far as Broad Street goes, it'll be chocka and require you to take a loan out before entering. I've also read in reviews from another topic that the door staff are a bit... iffy on letting people in (the cynic in me immediately points me to the stupid dress code rule, which I'm sure is an easy excuse to turn punters away hidden as an example of the club being down with the kids)

Will it be chocka? Yes

Will it be expensive? Yes

Is it a good night? Yes

Is it similar to other gatecrashers? Yes

Is it worth it? Unless you are literally down to your last 40 quid and so really really need to watch the pennies, then yes. It's a good night out.

Â