BBC v ITV

davewright

BBC v ITV  

107 members have voted

1. 1. BBC v ITV

• BBC
    • ITV

I refuse to watch adverts on the TV so it's BBC for me.

At least the others give you a choice.

With BBC you have no choice in paying a TV licence. I would happily delete all BBC channels if it meant I didn't have to pay a TV licence.

I don't need a licence and even when I did get one it's fantastic value for money IMO. If I compare the BBC output to what they serve up in Holland it's decades ahead. Be careful what you wish for as it's the only good TV broadcaster in the world.

As for choice regarding adverts my personnel view is that people have got something seriously wrong with them if they watch them at all. The advertisers know that X% will fall for it and actually purchase, I don't want to be in their statistics in any way. Also everytime you watch one it gives money to people like ITV, that's never good.

With BBC you have no choice in paying a TV licence. I would happily delete all BBC channels if it meant I didn't have to pay a TV licence.

I don't need a licence and even when I did get one it's fantastic value for money IMO.

Of course the one who's mooching will think that the folks he's mooching off of are getting a fantastic value.

what i dont get with the BBC is how people say they love it cos it has no adverts but then dont seem to see how they have 2-3 minutes of adverts for other BBC products between shows, radio 1 is constantly plugging other BBC stuff rather than playing music

what i dont get with the BBC is how people say they love it cos it has no adverts but then dont seem to see how they have 2-3 minutes of adverts for other BBC products between shows, radio 1 is constantly plugging other BBC stuff rather than playing music

Fair point but it's 1 minute max, compare this to ITV where watching a 90 minute film takes 120-140 minutes. A film on the BBC takes 90 minutes as there is no stopping, that is why it is streets ahead of anyone else.

(rjw63 :oops: DAMM DAMM DAMM, I have been so careful lately with the spelling)

I don't need a licence and even when I did get one it's fantastic value for money IMO. If I compare the BBC output to what they serve up in Holland it's decades ahead. Be careful what you wish for as it's the only good TV broadcaster in the world.

As for choice regarding adverts my personnel view is that people have got something seriously wrong with them if they watch them at all. The advertisers know that X% will fall for it and actually purchase, I don't want to be in their statistics in any way. Also everytime you watch one it gives money to people like ITV, that's never good.

I'd rather it be my choice rather than it be forced upon me.

As for the only good broadcaster in the world... Maybe if they put something on that I enjoy watching I'd find out. Doubt they are as good as Sky anyway - at least they give you a choice if you want it pay for it, that is the way it should be.

Â