BBC v ITV

davewright

BBC v ITV  

107 members have voted

1. 1. BBC v ITV

• BBC
    • ITV

Ok then which do you prefer?

I must admit I can't stand the coverage of EURO 2004 on ITV. Its far too commercial for my liking, compared to the more professional Beeb.

The BBC has far superior pundits. Past legends who have been there and done it at the highest level - Lineker, Hansen, Lawenson, Wright and Schmicheal to name but a few. They're pundits not scared to have an argument rather than be nicey nicey like ITV. I mean Ally McCoist, Robbie Earle, Andy Townsend, Clive "Man U" Tysley aren't in the same league. All the drivel that they come out with sounds so rehearsed it’s unbearable.

Not only do the adverts after the national anthems really irritate me on ITV, but it’s the continuous "competitions" they have. It seems that ITV are more concerned about bringing in the cash than providing a credible service.

I for one think that BBC is far more respectable and for the "true" football fan.

You can't say you don't like the BBC because of one commentator. He's not one of there big boys. I think out of the BBC and ITV team possibly only one or two of ITV boys (+ girl) would improve the BBC whereas the same can't be said the other way round.

Yeah I can see what you mean dave, it doesnt really bother me that much - so long as they dont say much about Wayne Rooney... which is unavoidable these days. I do like Robbie Earle and Andy Townsend off of ITV, and I really dont like Motson anymore.

I think the BBC team would be able to form a good team ON the pitch too.

Just think:

Schmiechael

Hansen---Lawenson----Bruce

Reid---Redknapp

Lineker----Wright

Lawro would like that, he's behind Lineker :wink:

You lot need ESPN, when visiting London I found out yous cannot watch each match on anygiven weekend...there is no Premier League Package that enables you to watch what ever game you wanted, like here with NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL. You always complain about limited time on some weekend Premier League show when they show the highlights of the weekend? ESPN shows highlights galore of every single game!

One thing I don't like about ESPN/American-Sports-viewing-ability is it enables someone to be a fan of whatever club they feel like being a fan of. I like the whole England Support-Your-Local-Club motto, because over here people wear jerseys if they like the freaking color...and it bugs me (tangent, that is what this is...a tangent). I am a San Diego Chargers and Padres fan. I don't like nimrods wearing Padres jerseys because they dig the color, and not the club, same for Chargers. What I mean is, well...no Villa fan is going to buy a Blues/Manure/Liverpool/Arse kit because they fancy the color-coordination. So, not sure if freedom of choice-tv is to blame for this, I just don't like it.

Anyway, yous need better privileges regarding weekend games. You need the ESPN package.

I think Schmeichel is the worst pundit on TV these days.

He constantly forces his opinions on the other pundits and also constantly interrupts whoever's talking.

I never liked him at Villa and I hate him now.

Bear in mind not everyone has access to Sky, this is the most accessible way of getting a fair vote.

Personally I much prefer the BBC. ITV is far too tacky for my liking.

Schmeichel said something clever earlier. Asked about Beckham:

"He usually has a great engine, he's just running on the wrong fuel at the moment."

Well I thought it was clever anyway

The BBC is always more professional than ITV.

That is except when the illiterate moron that is Ian "I'm gutted" Wright is on board.

Just how the hell does he get on the telly?

Completely agree with this.

• 5 years later...
Â