Have you lost interest in England?

b6bloke

Have you lost interest in England?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Have you lost interest in England?

• Yes
    • No

I can't just lose my interest for England, just like I can't lose interest in Villa no matter how sh**e they might be. That's just how I am.

you're not English though, pelle? :?

what's the attraction of following england for you?

I can't just lose my interest for England, just like I can't lose interest in Villa no matter how sh**e they might be. That's just how I am.

you're not English though, pelle? :?

what's the attraction of following england for you?

Been raised by my father from birth, so to speak. No, he's not english (which you should realise the moment he opened his mouth trying to speak english :P ) but he, like so many others in Sweden, started to follow english football when swedish TV started to show english games in 68 or 69 and found it more interesting than swedish football. And he made me and my brothers feel the same way. I don't support England more than Sweden when they play, in fact I hate those games, but I like to watch them more than Sweden for some strange reason. Guess this will be frown upon by other swedes on here, but that's how I am. Again. It's kind of the national team I support apart from Sweden. Villa though quickly raised above all other teams for me, including IFK Gothenburg here in Sweden.

England, Wales, Scotland and Northern ireland are 4 of the only 5 "countries" recognised by Fifa that aren't countries. Points for anyone who can name the other one.

any clues?

also East Timor and Comoros, so you're stat is not quite right, Stevo :winkold: 8)

Fair enough. Faroes was the one I meant. There may be others, i know there are about 10 or 12 that FIFA recognise that the IOC do not, which include Faroes and england, wales etc, so not sure if they all count too.

England, Wales, Scotland and Northern ireland are 4 of the only 5 "countries" recognised by Fifa that aren't countries. Points for anyone who can name the other one.

any clues?

also East Timor and Comoros, so you're stat is not quite right, Stevo :winkold: 8)

Fair enough. Faroes was the one I meant. There may be others, i know there are about 10 or 12 that FIFA recognise that the IOC do not, which include Faroes and england, wales etc, so not sure if they all count too.

sdeems comoros is a country, so you may still be right, stevo :)

Not sure that England isn't a country, it definitely isn't a state though. Found this interesting definition too:

Empires are ruled by Emperors. Kingdoms are ruled by Kings (that should include United Kingdom). So, is England a Country? Well, Countries are ruled by ....... (Fill in the gap yourself).

Lost interest in England? Nope. And why would I, because we didn't qualify for a tournement? Are we going to have people throwing hissy fits every year when Villa don't qualify for Europe next?

We have people throwing hissy fits when we draw at home to Liverpool so there's every chance :)