LancsVillan

Centre Mid  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Centre Mid

• George 'the crab' Boateng
    • Gav McCann
    • Hitz
    • Lee Hendrie

He tackles and he passes, he harries and harrasses, he gets up people's asses, he's better than Roy Keane....

There was no choice there really.

I take it Merson isn't being counted as a central midfielder?

It shows that for all the players we've had there over the past few years none of them have been much good.

wheres magicman? tayls is winning the other CM poll so we would need flair in the middle

Tayls may not have had flair but I bet his goalscoring record was better than that of Merse.

Still Merse would win this poll for me, surely we're not counting him as a striker?

Where's Merse?! A shocking oversight of our best midfielder in recent memory.

if you say so

we signed him as a forward and he referred to himself as such so you'll get chance to vote for him soon enough

Merson was supporters' player of the year two years running playing in the centre of midfield. When Gareth Southgate signed, he was a midfielder, it's not where he ended up playing though is it?!

You can't class Merse as a forward Lancs, it's not where he played and you know it.

This was fun, its gone a bit silly now due to some personal vendetta you have. Merson MUST be in this team, but I doubt he gets in as a striker.....

not a vendetta at all and would he get in ahead of IT - NO

Not sure. It would be close for mine. They'd be my central midfield pairing though without a doubt.

All I'm saying, if Paul Merson doesn't get in the VillaTalk team of the decade it wil be a travesty. Sorry if I sounded a little snappy Al, long day :oink:

Well, I voted for 'The Boat' anyway. I'll never forget Gazza breaking his arm on Super Georges face, or the boot throwing incident.

Don't think we've seen enough of McCann to have him in a 'best of' team just yet. Give him another year though......

Â