Transfer window success rate. Marks out of 10.

BOF

Pick one  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

Well your view is your view, if you feel 5 is what our summer spending deserves. In my opinion it is harsh. Also on this topic, shouldn't the success rate be dependant at the end of the season as it seems to me most of the opinions on here are due to excitement. But hey thats my view and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

a 5, your entitled to your opinion.

Hope you read that from my previous message, because i think somehow you missed it.

you missed this bit, and apart from the appalling grammar, there was no need for you to add this:

.... but your talking crap

seems a bit odd to me, that you say he is entitled to an opinion, but then say he is talking crap.

I think he has some valid points.

I only gave our summer dealings a 6. If we are looking for Top 4, which I think we might be, then i think we've maybe come up a little short, personally.

I'm quite happy, especially with Milly, but 6 is about if for me, I'd we'd have got a decent striker in too, i'd have been putting down an 8, I think.

Okay John, the English Lecturer of Cambridge. Didn't know we were judged on our grammar on a message board. How about i post all my messages to you before hand so you can spell check them?

If we finish top 4, will our transfer window be rated higher than your 6? My point is if we had signed Robinho, would our transfer window be rated as a success. Our squad is strengthened big time, Lets go back to this time last year when we played Liverpool at home, they were miles better than us! We missed out on a striker due to the fact we couldn't get anyone better than what we currently have. MON, Paul Faulkner have delivered what they said they would deliver, Quality players in quality positions. People mention Young and Shorey, they are solid full-backs. Friedel, one of the best keepers in the league. Sidwell, adds depth to our squad.

If we finish top 4, will our transfer window be rated higher than your 6?

:?

I thought we were giving marks out of 10 on our transfer dealings now, not at the end of the season?

Sadly, my clairvoyance classes have not yet fully honed my skills in this area, so unfortunately i'll just have to rate this summers transfer dealings on how i judge then right now, and not in 9 months time.....

For anyone who says we didn't need Guzan (or any other back up keeper for that matter) as we had Taylor

I think that taylor staying at Villa knowing he hhsa got absolutely zero chance of playing a single game this season unless we have a situation like Chelsea did (which is one in a million) means one of two things

a) (and probably true) he is nowhere near the quality he, or some others, thinks he is

B) He has a shocking attitude and is happy picking up x amount for doing nothing.

Taylor is bleeding awful and I just hope Guzan is better (long term)

For anyone who says we didn't need Guzan (or any other back up keeper for that matter) as we had Taylor

I think that taylor staying at Villa knowing he hhsa got absolutely zero chance of playing a single game this season unless we have a situation like Chelsea did (which is one in a million) means one of two things

a) (and probably true) he is nowhere near the quality he, or some others, thinks he is

B) He has a shocking attitude and is happy picking up x amount for doing nothing.

Taylor is bleeding awful and I just hope Guzan is better (long term)

Or c) He enjoys life at the Villa.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder paulanddonya. Last season Carson wasn't performing and a lot of people assumed Taylor was better. Just like people assume Salifou should be in the starting XI. It just simply is not true.

we got the numbers in, cuellar and friedel were excellent IMO, but as for others i think they are ok, but young, sidwell,shorey, milner and guzan arent really exciting players who i rate highly and the lack of a striker disappointed me

so i went for 6

• 10 months later...

Old thread bump!

Weeeeeell - given that last summer's transfer window activity was similar to this summer so far, who thinks we'll average 7.77 again come the end of August 2009? I think this thread goes to show that many who would claim it's all going wrong this summer were probably saying he same 12 months ago only to end up happy in the end.

Keep the faith, people. We'll get it right...

The main interest in these old threads is to see how many posters now have red cards - 4 on this thread!

Also the amazing insight of some posts:

I certainly would have picked Milner over Bentley, mainly because we know what we are getting with Milner and have even had a chance to see him in action in an earlier stage of his development - when he was bloody good and worked really hard.

I think the jury is still just a little bit out on whether Bentley is going to show that consistent hard work and commitment to match his skills.

:nod:

I think its a bit unfair to pick this out and point to his experience at Spurs as proof. Bentley has gone to a club where they have a certain tradition of play, which he is aware of as a fan, and has tried to play that way from the start. It hasn't worked and he hasn't had a chance to rectify it really. He does appear to be a bit of a lad but then most footballers are, possibly our Jimmy excepted!

I think Bentley was superb at Blackburn and worked very hard there and if MON could get hold of him and instill some discipline we could see a very good player. I would still love to have him.

Having said all this, I am a big Jimmy fan and think he was a very good buy.

Â