Real Madrid

Genie

Unless I’m doing it wrong, the search function is suggesting there’s no Real Madrid thread already.

The reason I was going to post was the recent news that they are releasing both Eden Hazard and Karim Benzema on free’s at the end of this month. Both have 1 year left on their contracts but have agreed terms to leave early. Benzema reportedly off to join Ronaldo in the Saudi league. Not sure who will take a chance on Hazard.

2 mega earners off the wage bill makes me think they are plotting something big, Mbappe probably… or maybe Haaland? 

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

Unless I’m doing it wrong, the search function is suggesting there’s no Real Madrid thread already.

The reason I was going to post was the recent news that they are releasing both Eden Hazard and Karim Benzema on free’s at the end of this month. Both have 1 year left on their contracts but have agreed terms to leave early. Benzema reportedly off to join Ronaldo in the Saudi league. Not sure who will take a chance on Hazard.

2 mega earners off the wage bill makes me think they are plotting something big, Mbappe probably… or maybe Haaland? 

Bellingham will be one in, but I wonder if they’ll try for Kane as well?  He’d fancy it I imagine.

The Madrid press are hunting for clicks at least. Bellingham and Kane is still rumoured with Bellingham expected to be made official next week.

"JUST IN: Real Madrid will make SUPRISE signings. Names that have not been mentioned yet will ARRIVE. @diarioas"

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Mbappe is next summer apparently.

As dysfunctional as PSG remain it's hard to believe they're going to let go of all of Messi, Neymar and Mbappe in the same summer and he still does have two years left on his latest deal plus Macron stepped in last time to get him staying at PSG.

Now Harry Edward Kane MBE then.....

12 months left on his deal. Wants to win things and has a very similar style to Benzema and looks like Madrid are drip feeding to the Spanish press which is textbook for all their big deals down the years. And Bellingham is all but signed so that's someone he could at least speak to in the dressing room given.

He could be at Real Madrid three years and win two league titles and at least one CL and then come back to premier league at 33 and break the Shearer scoring record.

The more I think about it the more I actually think it's pretty logical as a reasonably short term move for all parties (Spurs don't sell to domestic rival either) unless he flat out refuses to go abroad as his wife is expecting.

One thing's for certain though, you don't turn Real Madrid down with 12 months left if there's genuine interest from their side.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Marco Asensio another who has left the club for nothing this summer (I predict most people on this board were aware of that one).

Never heard of him. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Somehow I just don't see Kane outside the PL.  Is Ancelotti staying?

He's definitely got an eye on the pl record scorer title, but would also presumably like to win some trophies, might be a trade off he has to make

Real Madrid are one of the clubs it’s very difficult to say no to. They pay top money (outside of the joke leagues like Saudi or China), they’ll win trophies, they have the history, and then obviously the city and the weather.

Kane not seeming to be the brightest though does pose a bigger risk than most to not settling in another country. United would seem the best option for him all things considered.

Edited by Genie

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Already signed endrick who is considered the best 16 year old in the world for something like £70m but I'm sure he can't join for 2 years

Will take a while to get used to european football. Vinicius finishing was really poor for first 18 months and then it started clicking and Rodrygo has only started become a first 11 player this season aswell.

4 minutes ago, jim said:

Bellingham signing for £88m

100m Euro, or £85.95m at the current exchange rate.

As ridiculous as £86m for a football player seems, Real will probably get good long term value from the deal.

1 minute ago, brommy said:

100m Euro, or £85.95m at the current exchange rate.

As ridiculous as £86m for a football player seems, Real will probably get good long term value from the deal.

Sorry Carol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â