Club Transport From City Centre

alreadyexists

People on twitter in the replies saying it’s a bit steep at £5 each way, and an Uber is cheaper, but if there are 100 people ordering an Uber from the same place then the price on the day will be a lot more than it is when looking today…

I don’t think £5 each way is too bad these days

Edited by alreadyexists

48 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

People on twitter in the replies saying it’s a bit steep at £5 each way, and an Uber is cheaper, but if there are 100 people ordering an Uber from the same place then the price on the day will be a lot more than it is when looking today…

I don’t think £5 each way is too bad these days

even with the surge, lets say it goes to £15 for the uber...if there's 3 of you it's still more pleasant than a cramped, hot bus. post match it would be worth it though...nightmare to get a cab after the game in my experience

nice idea, but overpriced IMO

Interesting development, the club must be expecting a lively atmosphere around the ground with a lot more people wanting to soak up the atmosphere than usual. Or, they could be running their own pilot to gauge what the demand is like on a day with high stakes, with an eye to offering this service regularly in the coming seasons. Would be useful on a day when trains are on strike, but i suppose it would only help those already in birmingham on those days.

I only pay 8.75 for a train return from my town to villa park with my railcard discount, so i wouldnt be using the service. Usually there is plenty of room on the train to aston and it dosent take long from new street either. Perhaps this is an admission from the club that the transport options are not the best and they want to trial how they can get people too and from VP much more sealessly? Could be interesting data to possess in advance of all the Villa Live and other fan offerings?

21 hours ago, birdman said:

10 quid ew is a joke imo. Nice idea but train is 3 quid.

Its not 10 ew. Its 5 ew.

You're right that it's still overpriced anyway when train and bus are both cheaper, and uber is about the same but far more comfortable. 

Might be a good atmosphere on the coach though. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I must be the only one that doesn’t think £5 each way is expensive… you can’t get much for a fiver these days

See above 

7 hours ago, Louis said:

Just got the shuttle bus. Barely anyone on it. Might be different on the way back.

4 hours ago, Louis said:

The shuttle bus was the same on the way back. Very quiet. Well worth it though. It should be free to season ticket holders and members.

Was it a Diamond bus? 

I saw one on its way to the ground pretty much totally empty. 

When normal buses are £2 each way and trains less than a fiver return it was a totally dumb idea to charge a tenner. 

Â