• Moreno (Digne 53)
    • Young (Bailey 53)
    • Buendía (Moreno 65)
    • Dendoncker (Luiz 86)
    • Durán (Watkins 86)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/05/23 at 22:59

9 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

If the penalty went in, the whole series of events changes and the goal we did get wouldn’t have happened

Hawkeye is the exception to this. Then it becomes relevant until the end of time.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, TomC said:

I don't want to derail the thread, but I'd be curious whether people would rather have Liverpool or Man U miss out. I would rather see Man U miss out personally.

Probably Man U, but either is pretty good 

Great performances all around, again the turn around is unbelievable. We wasted chances to kill the game even after they equalised, bit more composure and we would scored again.

Ref allowed Liverpool to constantly foul us in transition and never gave a yellow card early enough. Next season we best these home and away. 

27 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Regardless of any table, I still can’t see how us and Brighton can both lose Villa vs Brighton. 🤔

Why do you keep saying that ? Brighton have no relevance to anything and nobody has said both have to lose ! 

1 minute ago, tinker said:

Great performances all around, again the turn around is unbelievable. We wasted chances to kill the game even after they equalised, bit more composure and we would scored again.

Ref allowed Liverpool to constantly foul us in transition and never gave a yellow card early enough. Next season we best these home and away. 

We’re two or three Kamara level players away from being a serious threat to the top four next year. The squad and the bench will be stronger next season I’m sure.

30 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Well it’s very likely they’ll lose against City, so really it’s just one game against Southampton.  Now you have an argument that it’s Southampton and how poor they are but there is always a chance because it’s the PL and we have evidence as Brighton got stuffed by Everton just last week.  Unlikely as it is, plus we just sit back and watch because we’ve done our bit, Brighton still have to go and beat Saints,

I keep saaying this but I'll say it again ...... BRIGHTON ARE IRRELEVANT !

We make Europe in 7th, not 6th. Our battle is with Spurs and Brentford ..... NOT Brighton !

Edited by Paul33

This morning I would have happily taken defeat for Spurs and a point at Anfield. 

In fact I would have been over the moon - European football (of a sort) next season is back within our control!!

What a strange afternoon then. I am feeling deflated that we didn’t manage all three points against Liverpool, particularly given we missed a penalty. 

It just shows how far Emery has taken the squad he inherited with only one or two additions and with quite a roster of injuries in recent weeks.

So, do we actually want Europa Conference League football next season? We will find out next week.

In the meantime, congratulations to our team for another composed, committed and effective performance even though they are weary and increasingly battered. 

EDIT

BTW, I hope the Sky commentator has now got home, and his mummy has given him a clean, dry pair of underpants and trousers and placed him in a darkened room to calm down 

Edited by briny_ear

Just now, Paul33 said:

Just because you say it doesn’t make it true.  At 4pm tomo we’ll know if that’s the case imo, if they draw or lose then they aren’t IRRELEVANT.

• Like 1

Created more big chances (3 v 1) and won more duels (65 v 52), as well as completing more tackles (29 v 18) and more clearances (38 v 20). Not bad for a team that's supposedly to short and too soft and too weak.

Mings was great but Luiz takes my MOTM. 58 touches of the ball, 3 key passes, won 3 tackles, completed 100% of his dribbles, won 100% of his aerial duels, and got the assist for Ramsey's goal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Just because you say it doesn’t make it true.  At 4pm tomo we’ll know if that’s the case imo, if they draw or lose then they aren’t IRRELEVANT.

My point is that it is not between us and Brighton so yes, I get your point but I think there are a lot of people who think we have to finish 6th to make Europe when its actually 7th thus our focus has to be on Spurs and Brentford rather than on some ridiculous notion that Brighton will mess up ...... three times in a week !!!

12 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

We make Europe in 7th, not 6th. Our battle is with Spurs and Brentford ..... NOT Brighton !

Lets wait till they play Southampton before discounting Brighton

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â