• Moreno (Digne 53)
    • Young (Bailey 53)
    • Buendía (Moreno 65)
    • Dendoncker (Luiz 86)
    • Durán (Watkins 86)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/05/23 at 22:59

4 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

So, we are guaranteed end of season, no matter what to be 9 or higher - top half - that was the optimistic goal at season's beginning, destroyed by slippy and now realized.  

I'm going to have another drink on that !

Yep - as a minimum we are 3 places higher than my predicted finishing position at the start of the season (11th  - 13th so averaging out at 12th).  And that is despite thinking that I had been hopelessly optimistic for the first three months of the season!

Just been on one of their forums......jeez....moaning about the ref being biased towards us.....hating on martinez and mings.....bitter ! Saying they got eff all from the officials apart from the 19 mins of added time 🤔

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

If you feel yourself getting down about a point, just remember that we’ve cost them Champions League football next year. That in itself is superb. 

Spurs and Liverpool in consecutive weeks (although Spurs was highly unlikely before the match it was still mathematically possible).

Weird feeling after that one. I'd have taken a 1-1 before the game, yet given how it played out it feels like a missed opportunity even though at the same time there just seemed an inevitably that they were going to somehow win it. 

Feels like I say it every week now but pre-Emery that would have been a worse result. What a mad season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If you feel yourself getting down about a point, just remember that we’ve cost them Champions League football next year. That in itself is superb. 

I don't want to derail the thread, but I'd be curious whether people would rather have Liverpool or Man U miss out. I would rather see Man U miss out personally.

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Fairs fair, they cost us Champions League by making Gerrard a viable choice for manager at the start of the season! 

• Like 2

Just realized they gave the offside on the VVD and not Diaz. I'm assuming Konsa touch was deemed not to be deliberate. Amazing, Unai has even brought the VAR God's to our side. 

26 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’m not sure how us and Brighton can both lose the last game?

You need to go and study the table. It is 7th place we are after and Brighton have no relevance unless they lose their two games in hand which is unlikely. It is between us, Spuds and Brentford for 3rd and we top that table.

Fantastic battling performance. Brian Little CP commentator on my coverage of the game today. He was almost pleading for Ming's to be sent off. Very disappointing for a Villa legend to be saying that 

• Shocked 2

3 minutes ago, Villa 59 said:

Fantastic battling performance. Brian Little CP commentator on my coverage of the game today. He was almost pleading for Ming's to be sent off. Very disappointing for a Villa legend to be saying that 

AstroSport 3 had stan petrov and heskey on at HT, petrov seemed to want mings to have been sent off but heskey was very pro mings and said its not a red. Was quite strange, i'll admit!

59 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Would have taken that point before the game, but with that pen missed feels like 2 points dropped 

Not so sure the missed penalty was that relevant. We scored almost immediately afterwards. If the penalty went in, the whole series of events changes and the goal we did get wouldn’t have happened. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

You need to go and study the table. It is 7th place we are after and Brighton have no relevance unless they lose their two games in hand which is unlikely. It is between us, Spuds and Brentford for 3rd and we top that table.

Regardless of any table, I still can’t see how us and Brighton can both lose Villa vs Brighton. 🤔

12 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

You need to go and study the table. It is 7th place we are after and Brighton have no relevance unless they lose their two games in hand which is unlikely.

Well it’s very likely they’ll lose against City, so really it’s just one game against Southampton.  Now you have an argument that it’s Southampton and how poor they are but there is always a chance because it’s the PL and we have evidence as Brighton got stuffed by Everton just last week.  Unlikely as it is, plus we just sit back and watch because we’ve done our bit, Brighton still have to go and beat Saints,

The amount of 15yo Liverpool fans on social media saying "the ball was nowhere near it" because they're judging the incident on stills of the footage and didn't watch the game is insane. Mings got let off because he got the ball so cleanly, well prior to the contact, and had his eyes on the ball the whole time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Well it’s very likely they’ll lose against City, so really it’s just one game against Southampton.  Now you have an argument that it’s Southampton and how poor they are but there is always a chance because it’s the PL and we have evidence as Brighton got stuffed by Everton just last week.  Unlikely as it is, plus we just sit back and watch because we’ve done our bit, Brighton still have to go and beat Saints,

If Brighton do beat Southampton they will have nothing to play for against us as they will be 06th whatever the outcome

• Like 2

Â