• Moreno (Digne 53)
    • Young (Bailey 53)
    • Buendía (Moreno 65)
    • Dendoncker (Luiz 86)
    • Durán (Watkins 86)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/05/23 at 22:59

thats one of those games.

If you had offered me one point before the game i would have bitten your hand....and arm, off.

Such a pity we dropped the 2 points in the 89th minute, so always disappointing, but realistically, a point at Anfield is brilliant.

• Like 1

We would all have taken a point today if offered, but like most, feel a bit deflated at the late equaliser.

We seem to lose any threat once emi, donk and Duran came on which helped build their momentum.

Well done though and mings the motm with mcginn a close second until he had to move positions then never really got back into the game once he went back again.

Watkins penalty miss and not targeting the defender on a yellow I feel was the point where we could have finished the job.

A shame about the late goal, but I wouldn't have been disappointed with a narrow defeat given Brentford beating Spurs, so a draw instead and at Anfield is a very good result.

• Like 2

Great first half, should have been 2 up.

Second half was a bit backs against the wall but we battled well and were good value for at least a point which most couple would have taken before the game.

Mings MOTM, absolutely colossal.

10 mins injury time though, absolute joke. The sort of thing you only see at Anfield or Old Trafford 

Getting that draw is massive,  Anfield is not a place to come for easy points.

Thought Mings was a colossus today. 

All we wanted was Europe to be reachable on the last day, to have it in our own hands was the dream.

Battling performance away at a side that had just won 7 in a row...Would have taken a point before , bit gutted not to get all 3 in the end

Bought my ticket for the Brighton game a few weeks ago in the hopes we'd still have something to play for and there is so bring it on ! 

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Gutted, a draw is better than I expected but those 2 dropped points are very costly.

Europa was in our hands assuming Man City beat Brighton. Now we've got to beat Brighton for 7th

No we haven't ! 
We need to match Spuds to finish above them and we need to match Brentford to finish above them. That may mean needing to beat Brighton but it can also be achieved by losing if the other two lose aswell !

Tremendous performance by the lads. Everyone did their bit, but Mings did three men's bits;)! Proud of them today, not even all that stoppage time was going to deny us getting something out of that one and a point was the very least we deserved. Where's your winning run gone you Scouse gits:crylaugh:?  We just could be catching the: 

The Trans Europ Express: A sustainable example from the past | European  Heritage Days 

• Like 1

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

I have to say I didn't really understand what was going on for their disallowed goal, I was watching in Spanish so couldn't really grasp who was offside and when.  It was a wonderful performance all round.

Not sure who was involved, but a Liverpool player (Van Djik?) headed the ball back into the box, but it just hit Konsa and fell to another Liverpool player (Gakpo?) who was ahead of play.  Therefore, offside.

• Thanks 1

Also worth noting that we could lose to Brighton next weekend and still finish 7th.  I hope it doesn't come to that!  2-0 up at half-time with Leeds leading by the scoreline would mean a much less stressful hour in the afternoon!!!

Â