• Moreno (Digne 53)
    • Young (Bailey 53)
    • Buendía (Moreno 65)
    • Dendoncker (Luiz 86)
    • Durán (Watkins 86)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/05/23 at 22:59

If I’m being hypercritical I thought in the second half we could have breached their high line with a bit more care and bravery but that’s extremely extremely critical on my part. 

Close but I’m sure in days of old we’d have lost that one at the death  .. maybe without 2  LB injuries we see that one out .

I challenge any fan to watch that performance and come up with the boring mantra that Mings is shit , he was everywhere today and deserves his own segment on defending on match of the day … instead I suspect we’ll get a segment on how he should have had a red card and VAR got it wrong 

we get this summer window right and next season it will be 3 points for us :) 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It's explained in his post, we now need to beat Brighton rather than draw.

Assuming Spurs beat Leeds.  But bearing in mind how ropey Spurs are and that Leeds nearly beat Newcastle and need a win to stay up, it's  not a given

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Close but I’m sure in days of old we’d have lost that one at the death  .. maybe without 2  LB injuries we see that one out .

I challenge any fan to watch that performance and come up with the boring mantra that Mings is shit , he was everywhere today and deserves his own segment on defending on match of the day … instead I suspect we’ll get a segment on how he should have had a red card and VAR got it wrong 

we get this summer window right and next season it will be 3 points for us :) 

you forgot the tribute to Firmino

Just now, srsmithusa said:

Am I correct.  If we win next weekend, we are guaranteed 7th and possibley(less likely) 6th, no matter what else happens.

Yes, beat Brighton and Spurs cannot finish above us and 7th is ours!

9 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

No we haven't ! 
We need to match Spuds to finish above them and we need to match Brentford to finish above them. That may mean needing to beat Brighton but it can also be achieved by losing if the other two lose aswell !

I’m not sure how us and Brighton can both lose the last game?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I love a good Unai defensive shithouse masterclass but didn't particularly agree with the idea of the back 6 and give up all play for the final 30 odd minutes. We had the upper hand on Liverpool but then just invited them on at every opportunity and felt likely they'd break through at some point. 

Still though, a big point and puts us in position to do the job next week. 

It's a shame Moreno got injured as I reckon we would have been really dangerous on the break with him down the left.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I love a good Unai defensive shithouse masterclass but didn't particularly agree with the idea of the back 6 and give up all play for the final 30 odd minutes. We had the upper hand on Liverpool but then just invited them on at every opportunity and felt likely they'd break through at some point. 

Still though, a big point and puts us in position to do the job next week. 

This is probably a fair enough assessment, but I'm just not going to criticize him at all. It's incredible the job he's done here in a pretty short amount of time. I love him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Assuming Spurs beat Leeds.  But bearing in mind how ropey Spurs are and that Leeds nearly beat Newcastle and need a win to stay up, it's  not a given

You are forgetting Brentford.

Â