• Moreno (Digne 53)
    • Young (Bailey 53)
    • Buendía (Moreno 65)
    • Dendoncker (Luiz 86)
    • Durán (Watkins 86)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/05/23 at 22:59

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

We've definitley lost that game in previous years

We'd have lost 4-0 under slippy G. Under Smith it either would've been 4-0 as well or 2-1 with Liverpool getting a 100th minute winner.

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

Emery got that spot on.

Just lacking a bit of squad depth to really take advantage of the situation, but we weathered a hell of a storm there.

I gave the referee a "poor" because although he got most of the decisions right, that 10 mins of added time was absolutely ludicrous.

Surely the referee isn't the one adding on the time?!

• Like 2

Great point.  Now means that Europe is entirely in our own hands.  That said I would really like Man City to win their last three league matches and I might end up having to support Leeds next weekend too.

Edited by allani

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Gutted, a draw is better than I expected but those 2 dropped points are very costly.

Europa was in our hands assuming Man City beat Brighton. Now we've got to beat Brighton for 7th

Brighton should beat Soton tomorrow so not sure the two extra points would’ve made much difference in regards to them.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 1

Gutting to concede late on but definitely take that, a huge point. It's up to us now to do the business next week against Brighton. I'm not ready for the stress next week, today was too much as it is 😩

Will be honest though, the point is great of course but just sitting back and basically giving up all play for the final 30 odd minutes was a dreadful idea. It rarely ever works out and we had the upper hand on them until then.

Huge next week though, crazy we're even in this position. 

I know it's wrong, but after all that I feel like Martinez. We should've won that on the first half. Then we were too passive in the second. Kudos to them too, Salah became a force in the last 15.

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Gutted, a draw is better than I expected but those 2 dropped points are very costly.

Europa was in our hands assuming Man City beat Brighton. Now we've got to beat Brighton for 7th

How? We’re ahead of Spurs, in our hands now.

Great point.

Great first half, played them off the park.

Got a bit scared last 30(+10) mins and went into our shell. Only a brilliant Liverpool goal did us.

Was I not watching properly? The referee was a disgrace. Surprised to see him with so many not "very poor".

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

Feels disappointing but a point at Anfield is always welcome.

We were absolutely supreme in the first half and early second but too many injuries did for us. 

Chin up folks. Europe is in our hands now. 

Â