Thanks

blandy

What a superb piece. It reflects what so many of us think, and will strike a chord with most supporters.

What's really important is that it is a considered and reflective piece. For me, those sentiments are so much more powerful than immediate reactions to a situation.

This is nothing more than what the title says - a thank you.

Thank you Villa. Thank you Randy Lerner, Thank you to Martin O'Neill and to all the people who work for or help the club.

Thanks for the post, it's a perfect mirror to my own feelings except that I couldn't have put it so eloquently.

Oh, and thanks for the fags ;-)

Mr.Johnson, and my one fag ????

What a great read and it exactly how i feel.

Maybe writing this after the first game of the season following a good home win is not the right time

Kind of like telling a girl that you love her whilst having sex :lol:

This is almost what my partner and I were saying yesterday about what is happening at Villa Park! Superbly written and certainly echos our feelings on all that is happening at the moment.

The Lion is awakening - And for that I thank everyone involved!

Thank you Blandy. I live on the other side of the world but I fully understand how you must be feeling even though I can't see the ground other than on the "box".

It really is refreshing to read something so positive, again thank you.

My thanks to Mr. O'Neill, Mr. Learner and all at the club for making a dream slowly but surely come true.

Des

Well said - I'm another who totally agrees.

Today my wife listens when I'm talking about stuff happening at the club - she's not a football fan but she is now understanding why AVFC matters to me.

Today all my friends who support other teams are saying, 'wow - Villa are now my 'second' team'

Today there's a word that sums it all up: PRIDE

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Thanks for reminding me of this post Blandy..

When I think of Villa now, I see a uniformity about what the club is. I see a "pure" kit of claret and blue, I see a side with players who ( I hope) appreciate what they have and what their responsibilities are. I see Acorns on the shirts, I see the ground looking more like a claret and blue oasis than it has ever been, really. I see the mosaics, I see a place that is both grounded and yet still has that magical attraction. I see something I want to go back to.

This passage in particular strikes a chord with me, and I still feel that way now regardless of the last 2 results.

Â