Subs:

GK - Sorenson - bit a surprise to me that

DF - Gareth Southgate

MF - Andy Townsend ???

FW - Dean Saunders

Utility - Gareth Barry

Manager -

EDDIT LV GK/ RB / LB all sorted. And now the wide players. Midfield Complete

Earl Barrett our best right back. Blimey we must have been poor in this department over the years.

Shame you couldn't have gone back further to the best two we have had since I supported the Villa.

Namely John Gidman or Kenny Swain.

Sorry to sound negative but Earl Barrett.......

Merson should be CM instead of McCann. Solid player tho he is I can't believe he made it into this team.

If you looked at the polls to see who he's up against you'd see how he made it in. It was him or the crab basically, Merson was counted as a striker, don't ask why

I must confess I have not been paying attention to this, but thought i'd have a look at the overall team. Where the hell is David Platt?

And where are Bernie gallacher, Stan Collymore and Sasa Curcic for that Mattter!!!!

Seems like this team will be made up of the Big Ron Era players.

Wouldn't say that. Maybe that Big Ron is "the winner" of the managers but as far as I'm concerned he only brought in 3 of the players in the starting 11. Sure there were more playing under him of them, but many of them played under Taylor too, didn't they? Yorke, Daley, Mellberg, Taylor (or did he leave before Taylors second spell?), JPA, and so on and so forth.

Still a nice little poll with an interesting result. And of course one could ask for players from earlier eras but there would be a bit too many to vote on maybe. I mean between the EC-winners and Taylors first Era there are plenty of players too. Players like McMahon, Steve Hodge etc. So I guess that the limit was pretty good.

Hm, something I've missed? All I remember about him is when he played for England and was pretty good and then I saw that he played for Villa. Did he mess up? :-S

Oh, you don't know.............................