What Instantly Ruins A Burger?

Rds1983

What Instantly Ruins A Burger?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Have just popped into a local pub for lunch and finished an absolutely delicious burger. However, it was instantly ruined for me by being ridiculously tall making it difficult and messy to eat and resulting in toppings and burger sliding out onto the plate. I've always felt a burger should be wider than it is tall and this seems to be a common issue nowadays and got me wondering what else ruins a burger for people? Apart from this I also not fond of the brioche bun trend as feel a burger should be savoury and not sweet.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/03/23 at 17:00

When it's gone ;)

Actually I do my own, I use the cheap brioche buns from asda as they are perfectly good.

One quarter pounder done in the George Foreman, two strips of crispy streaky bacon, a slice of mature cheddar, and a choice of red sauce/bbq sauce/mustard/mayo, whatever you prefer.

• Like 2

Number 1 - Brioche Bun*

Number 2 - Pickle

Number 3 - Lettuce

And totally agree with the tallness.  it should be a nice easy size to get into your mouth.  This is a literal statement, not a KW request.

If you can't actually eat it in a bite then it's basically meant to be eaten with knife and fork which us just stupido

* I've had to stop using my favourite burger van at Villa Park because they've moved to Brioche.  And if there is ANYTHING worse than a Brioche bun for a burger it's a **** cheap Brioche Bun.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

I love burgers so not much

Liquid cheese isn't a guaranteed success, cheap and cold and it's ruined, over the bun and it's ruined, I think cheap plastic American cheese makes the best burger but wouldn't put it anywhere near anything else

Dry meat is bad but dry bun is worse

Condiment control in general (Any chicken conessioir fans out there...)

I don't think coleslaw works, same as the cheese you have to be careful when putting a cold ingredient on there

• Like 1

I do like a good burger (couple of smashed patties, cheese, bacon, onions, gherkins and of course some sauce), but you do see some really silly toppings now with places trying to be too clever, ie Wotsits, Nachos, Mac & Cheese, Pineapple , Fried Egg etc.  

56 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

R.4ffe5cf1f6dc0cfa7c6d62e1f20485fb?rik=s

No, I really mean it, they don't shrink very much at all, still very moist inside and full of flavour due to the retained fats

We've only had the air fryer a couple of months and it's been an absolute revelation for stuff like burgers. Best thing we've bought for the kitchen for years, we use it probably three times a week now and definitely more than the conventional oven

If someone else had posted what I said, I wouldn't have believed them either

• Like 1

What are people's thoughts on toppings such as pulled pork? 

I'm not a fan as adds to it being too tall and it makes it too messy.

I like pulled pork but don't want it on a burger.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

What are people's thoughts on toppings such as pulled pork? 

I'm not a fan as adds to it being too tall and it makes it too messy.

I like pulled pork but don't want it on a burger.

Agreed, love pulled pork but not on a burger.

Bacon. Stop putting **** bacon on my burger. Yeah, I really want to bite into a burger and have a whole rasher of bacon come out of it and hang on my chin. And the flavour of bacon dominates everything it's put on, so leave my **** burger alone you words removed.

• Like 1

Â