Pre Match Thread

maqroll

On 27/02/2023 at 21:01, Brumstopdogs said:

Sounds like Palace may have Zaha back for this match (typical!) which would probably boost their chances.

I reckon it will be a 1-1 draw but would be great if we could put some distance between us and them and take the 3 points.

Mings on Zaha first booking banker 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 27/02/2023 at 20:03, OutByEaster? said:

Even so, that's a surprise, four draws and a loss in their last five games is dreadful form, they haven't won yet in 2023 - that's nine games and they haven't scored more than once in any of those games.

They must just be a bunch with an optimistic outlook I guess. 

They all know that AVFC are the gift that gives to the needy.

On 28/02/2023 at 12:42, imavillan said:

I'd say over optimistic.

The form of there last 10 away matches is not exactly inspiring. (9PL games & 1 Cup game)

W 2 - D 3 - L 5

They've only scored more than 1 goal twice in that sequence and that was in the 2 wins, 2-0 v Bournemouth and 2-1 v West Ham and they'ver failed to score in 6 of those matches!!

They've only beaten us twice at VP in the last 19 matches stretching back to 1989. You have to go back 6 matches to 2013 the last time they beat us at VP. the time before that was way back in 1991.

I know we've been very generous of late at home, but they are nothing special and from what i've seen they are not great up front. 

I think it's us Villa fans that should be the optimistic ones for this match.

click here for the stats

No one else remember last time we met Palace and they outplayed us? Zaha scored a brace and even that hopeless Mateta guy scored an insane volley. I know they haven’t looked as good since but still.

6 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

win, lose or draw, deep down we all know we are going to somehow end up still in 11th place by the end of the weekend

Table will look like this though if these results happen:

Villa 2-0 Palace

Chelsea 2-1 Leeds

Liverpool 1-2 Man. United

Brighton 1-1 West Ham

Brentford 2-1 Fulham

6th Liverpool- 39 points

7th Fulham- 39 points

8th- Brentford- 38 points

9th Brighton - 36 points

10th Chelsea- 34 points

11th Villa- 34 points

This weekend could be the first one of the season where we could legitimately say we're in contention for europe as 5 points to 6th with still a third of the season to play is really nothing. Newcastle should lose to Man. City aswell so they would be in reach aswell given they still have to come to VP.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Could be due to the fact that it's a Palace forum. 

So every clubs forums always predict their team to win? That's just not true at all. In fact, the reason I pointed it out was because it was against the norm, as someone who regularly trawls other fans forums to read their views from another perspective.

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Typically their talisman Zaha is set to return for this game... 

Hes missed 4 games with a hammy, doubt he will play much more than a half.

• Like 1

Palace haven't won in 2023. I wonder will they ever play a side renowned for helping teams out of a rut?  Because under Emery THAT'S NOT US BABY!! :D  :D  :D  :P  

Surely this is where we turn our home form around. I see another Watkins goal and a relatively comfortable 2-0 win.

• Like 2