Pre Match Thread

maqroll

I’d love to see JD start, but it’s unlikely. Not sure if Bertie is fit to start either, so maybe we’ll have to start Emi2 up front to get Bailey out of the starting XI. 

1 minute ago, Villa87 said:

Would be great to back today uk with another win. I’d go:

Emi

Cash Konsa Mings Moreno

McGinn Luiz Kamara Ramsey

Buendia Watkins

Precisely. 

Early goal is key here.

Everyone goes on about these endless nightmare fixtures Palace have....but they don't really lose many of them. Drawn v Newcastle, Man. United, Brentford and Liverpool in last month.

Can see us grinding it out in similar manner to Leeds at home. They haven't got the quality in final third with Zaha still out that Leicester had for example, Mateta had terrible finishing tonight. I'm actually surprised they didn't bid for Ings as he is exactly what they need upfront.

4 hours ago, El Zen said:

I’d love to see JD start, but it’s unlikely. Not sure if Bertie is fit to start either, so maybe we’ll have to start Emi2 up front to get Bailey out of the starting XI. 

Without any injuries I think that will be the only change. Emery seems to have settled into a routine of starting Digne and then putting on Moreno around the hour mark when the game starts to become more end to end so he should have more space infront of him when we're in possession. 

57 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Villa coming off a good away win, full of confidence, at home to a struggling team without a win this year. 

We all know what happens next, don't we? 

Well Everton were due a win against us and didn’t get it so I’m choosing to remain positive.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Well Everton were due a win against us and didn’t get it so I’m choosing to remain positive.

Everton won 2 out of their last 3 going into our game so nowhere near as bad form as Palace despite being further down the table.

18 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Early goal is key here.

Everyone goes on about these endless nightmare fixtures Palace have....but they don't really lose many of them. Drawn v Newcastle, Man. United, Brentford and Liverpool in last month.

Can see us grinding it out in similar manner to Leeds at home. They haven't got the quality in final third with Zaha still out that Leicester had for example, Mateta had terrible finishing tonight. I'm actually surprised they didn't bid for Ings as he is exactly what they need upfront.

It is expected that Zaha is back for the match against us, typical isn’t it. Hope we can grind out a result here, it will be though.

32 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

It is expected that Zaha is back for the match against us, typical isn’t it. Hope we can grind out a result here, it will be though.

He won't have played for 6 weeks so surprised if he lasts the full 90, probably makes more sense for them to leave him on the bench and continue with their no risk 11.