Dean Ashton or Roque Santa Cruz

Nigel

Which one would you prefer?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you prefer?

• Ashton
    • Santa Cruz

How can you possibly say it's a fluke when he's only played one season in the Premiership? Fair enough had he been he for two years, hammered loads in first season, but nothing the next, fair enough, but it's impossible to say that now.I don't care what he did at Bayern Munich, it's what he's done here in the Premiership that counts now, and he did a brilliant job for Rovers last season. Imagine what he could do with improved service?

In that vein you could also say Ashton is a one season wonder aswell.

He hasn't spent enough time playing top level football to prove himself.

Yea, whatever.

He did a brilliant job last season for Rovers. Not many South America players come to the Premiership and make the impact he has and as quickly as he has. He settled and scored goals. He'd also be a better partner for John Carew if you ask me. JC and Dean Aston are too similar. Someone like Santa Cruz would be ideal. Good finisher, bit of flair, plenty of pace.

Erm, I was agreeing with you there matey. :) RSC would be the much better option IMHO

How can you possibly say it's a fluke when he's only played one season in the Premiership? Fair enough had he been he for two years, hammered loads in first season, but nothing the next, fair enough, but it's impossible to say that now.I don't care what he did at Bayern Munich, it's what he's done here in the Premiership that counts now, and he did a brilliant job for Rovers last season. Imagine what he could do with improved service?

In that vein you could also say Ashton is a one season wonder aswell.

He hasn't spent enough time playing top level football to prove himself.

Yea, whatever.

He did a brilliant job last season for Rovers. Not many South America players come to the Premiership and make the impact he has and as quickly as he has. He settled and scored goals. He'd also be a better partner for John Carew if you ask me. JC and Dean Aston are too similar. Someone like Santa Cruz would be ideal. Good finisher, bit of flair, plenty of pace.

Erm, I was agreeing with you there matey. :) RSC would be the much better option IMHO

I know, i saw after i posted. Thats why I edited and added the wink thingy.

:lol:

Sorry mate.

No one, sellbydate? :? Why do you presume that? That's just not true.

i mean, sorry for not making it crystal clear, that "most the people who are discrediting him".

Fair enough. Wouldn't minded if it wasn't for that some here seems to think that just because they don't show much football apart from the pl in England, it's the same everywhere. I know you can watch scottish, spanish and italian football, but not much else, right? Here in Sweden for example, most people have access to all the biggest leagues in Europe and there are many that watches most of that football. It's a common comment from many when we're rumoured to sign a foreign player that no one has seen him play as he's playing maybe in France or Portugal, etc, and that's not true. That's why I asked. Sorry to be a bit pedantic. :P

No one, sellbydate? :? Why do you presume that? That's just not true.

i mean, sorry for not making it crystal clear, that "most the people who are discrediting him".

Which again, you have no idea if that's true or not. I'm guessing you've seen him play? Where do you live?

As if by chance, RSC played 42 games last season and scored 23

Ashton on the other hand has played 42 games in 3 years and managed to score16.

That factoid alone would make the decision for me, totally discarding the fact RSC is a much better allrounder. :)

I don't get the Ashton love in. I'd prefer Darren Bent.

Â