Dean Ashton or Roque Santa Cruz

Nigel

Which one would you prefer?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you prefer?

• Ashton
    • Santa Cruz

Ashton by a distance, Sanat Cruz has so far done it for one fluke season in his whole career, every season Ashton has played he has done it

with the supply from young and hopefully a new RM he would score loads

Both spend a lot of time on the treatment table but Santa Cruz has been there, seen it, done it and Ashto has it all to do. I get the feeling that Santa Cruz is the one that is available, I thought we should have gone for him when he was available for £3.5m!

I havent looked the results yet but I can guess... :lol:

It is seemingly a BIG resistance on this site for foreigners...for some strange reason. Especially IF they goes to another club. :winkold:

JEEEESUS! I was wrong! :shock:

I havent looked the results yet but I can guess... :lol:

It is seemingly a BIG resistance on this site for foreigners...for some strange reason. Especially IF they goes to another club. :winkold:

I haven't voted....I cant pick a favourite....but in the thread there is a lot of support for Cruz

Ashton for me too. I really wanted us to go for him when he went to West Ham. Think he could be an amazing striker (though will admit he didn't look great for England recently. Then again Shorey didn't impress me for England either).

I wouldn't call Santa Cruz a one season wonder, but I'd still consider him a risk.

Either player would improve our team/squad immensely though.

JEEEESUS! I was wrong! Shocked

Thought you might be.....jumped the gun a bit there didn't you, too eager to pick a fight! :P

Not at all..but surprised a foreigner gets recognition like that despite so many were absolutly against "Mr fancy name"...it shows how people can get turned around and that football skills is more important than nationality. Nice..and a surprise.

Thought you might be.....jumped the gun a bit there didn't you, too eager to pick a fight! :P

Not at all..but surprised a foreigner gets recognition like that despite so many were absolutly against "Mr fancy name"...it shows how people can get turned around and that football skills is more important than nationality. Nice..and a surprise.

Wrong. The vast majority don't give a shit what nationality a player is as long as he can do the job he's bought in for. What does annoy people is when others assume a "fancy name" player is better than an English player by default. Which is bollocks.

Wrong. The vast majority don't give a shit what nationality a player is as long as he can do the job he's bought in for. What does annoy people is when others assume a "fancy name" player is better than an English player by default. Which is bollocks.

Or..in all honesty..vice versa.

Â