Dean Ashton or Roque Santa Cruz

Nigel

Which one would you prefer?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you prefer?

• Ashton
    • Santa Cruz

Ive changed my mind to Santa Clause, i really dont like injury prone players as they cant fit into the team, no matter how good i think ashton is...

Problem is with 2 big men up front they might not keep up on the break and we will be crossing into nobody, however its worth it for set pieces and other crosses and for their ability to keep the ball and play it out to the wing... and score goals.

Imagine the mood around camp if we get one of these bad boys!!

I couldn't really care less which one we got. Santa Cruz is the obvious choice, because he doesn't appear to have many injury problems, but when fit there aren't many better players than Ashton. I would probably say Santa Cruz if i had to pick though :thumb:

Ashton's good but RSC's record with Blackburn last season speaks for itself. Superb old-fashioned type of target-man/goalscorer/leader. Yes he would suffer at Blackburn from the loss of Bentley. Sad we don't have a winger that could supply him with good balls. Oh hang on... :oops:

So Santa Cruz, but I wouldn't turn my nose up at Ashton.

Tough call.

Ashton, when fully fit he's a beast. Great movement, good in the air and on the ground and he's more than capable of playing the target man role should Carew be out for any length of time. I have my reservations about Santa Cruz, I have to wonder why he struggled so much with a class side like Munich. Perhaps he's just better suited to this league.

Ashton for me. But neither will be plying their trade at VP next season IMO.

i think he'd be an outcast. All the other players speak English as a first language apart from the Scandinavians who we all know speak very good English...Santa Cruz would be the only player with limited English and looking at his Bayern record..when he feels like an outcast he doesnt score goals.

For the money he would cost, it would be a bad signing IMO and wouldnt fit the MON signings pattern.

Ashton would be a much better signing

i think he'd be an outcast. All the other players speak English as a first language apart from the Scandinavians who we all know speak very good English...Santa Cruz would be the only player with limited English and looking at his Bayern record..when he feels like an outcast he doesnt score goals.

For the money he would cost, it would be a bad signing IMO and wouldnt fit the MON signings pattern.

Ashton would be a much better signing

Why do people make this rubbish up?

His record at Bayern was 38 goals in 103 games (86 starts)

And it must be Blackburns well known Spanish speaking community that keep him entertained up the devils road as I can't see a single spanish speaking player in Blackburns squad

Â