Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

The strikers do exist, but they are at those huge clubs, like Brighton, Fulham and Brentford, we won't get a look in unfortunately, especially if we stick to midtable mediocracy. All I know is the board need to get to spending some serious money, an not spend it on players that might be, although I doubt we can pay the salaries of anyone decent. I really think football success is moving further away for us.

Brighton 2 main strikers are free transfer Danny Welbeck and youth prospect Evan Ferguson

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The £50-80m striker guaranteed goalscorer that we need doesn't exist

Yep these 20 goal a season strikers are fantasies these days and anybody that is one is not joining Villa or any other non elite team

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You could argue if Watkins is any better than Danny Welbeck?

Danny Welbeck 1 goal and his 2 assists this season to go with his impressive 6 last season. Would be uproar on here if we were linked to Welbeck

I look forward to this argument

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

1st signing should be pau torres exactly the kind of defender we need. Youbg massive potential  can play the way emery wants and will be a star. Get it done unai!

He is older than Konsa and while good on the ball is defensively weak. He isnt good in the air for a tall guy and his discipline is really poor this season

We have Carlos to already play that role, Carlos/Torres combination would be very poor together

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is older than Konsa and while good on the ball is defensively weak. He isnt good in the air for a tall guy and his discipline is really poor this season

We have Carlos to already play that role, Carlos/Torres combination would be very poor together

Konsa isnt old? was watching him at villareal and he looks very good in the air. He is also exceptional with the ball at his feet. Quick and reads the game well. Him ans carlos would make a dynamic cb pairing in my opinion 

Edited by Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Konsa isnt old? was watching him at villareal and he looks very good in the air. He is also exceptional with the ball at his feet. Quick and reads the game well. Him ans carlos would make a dynamic cb pairing in my opinion 

Torres is 26 so is not that young.He is really poor in the air, loses lots of aeriel duels

10 hours ago, burchy said:

Aouar another LM option but I heard he has an attitude issue, might be an urban myth though

All French players have attitude problems. At least according to English fans :D 

A fair number of them seen to actually have it too but most grow out of it. Guendouzi was 18 when he went to Arsenal, Aouar is still only 24. But according to gossip he's already agreed to sign for Real Betis.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Danny Welbeck 1 goal and his 2 assists this season to go with his impressive 6 last season. Would be uproar on here if we were linked to Welbeck

I look forward to this argument

With stats like that he sounds guaranteed to score against us then

I'd like Robin Le Normand from Real Sociedad if we're looking at CBs.

Not exactly a ball playing CB (plays 3.3 long balls a game, exactly the same as Mings, though he has a pass completion of 90% which would be the highest of any Villa player) so not sure he'd fit what we're after but he's very good in the air (winning over 70% of aerial duels, as opposed to 60% for Konsa and Mings this year).

Playing well in a Sociedad side who are 3rd in the league

• Like 1

For me being a ball playing CB doesn't mean that they don't hit long balls, quite the opposite. Even a donkey like Maguire can hit a short pass. It's the medium and long range passing along with being comfortable on the ball that makes a ball playing CB for me.

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

I'd like Robin Le Normand from Real Sociedad if we're looking at CBs.

Not exactly a ball playing CB (plays 3.3 long balls a game, exactly the same as Mings, though he has a pass completion of 90% which would be the highest of any Villa player) so not sure he'd fit what we're after but he's very good in the air (winning over 70% of aerial duels, as opposed to 60% for Konsa and Mings this year).

Playing well in a Sociedad side who are 3rd in the league

Mentioned this yesterday and 100% agree,  Mendez the midfielder would be a good buy to, anybody who has time to watch Real Sociedad should do so they have some good players well worth watching. 

Edited by gwi1890