Would you be happy if Barry stayed here now?

BOF

Would you be happy for him to stay?  

355 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy for him to stay?

• Yes I would be happy
    • No, I just want rid of him now
    • Undecided

if he proves his loyalty on the pitch, he can stay. if he goes, it must for 18 miliion, not a penny less. THAT IS VITAL....

but i ask you all ( and mods if u can put a poll up it wud be nice) this question...

IF GARETH BARRY DOES STAY, WAT HAPPENS 3RD GAME OF THE SEASON AGAINST THE POOL??

Surely he cannot be played????

Barry for liverpool game???

Yes or NO?

if barry stays and his here for another season i just hope we dont boo him when hes playing.....

its fair enough not supporting him but to openly boo is a slap in the face to the manager and other players who are fighting to win matches....

i really hope we dont go down that route because i think it could be very damaging

if he proves his loyalty on the pitch, he can stay. if he goes, it must for 18 miliion, not a penny less. THAT IS VITAL....

but i ask you all ( and mods if u can put a poll up it wud be nice) this question...

IF GARETH BARRY DOES STAY, WAT HAPPENS 3RD GAME OF THE SEASON AGAINST THE POOL??

Surely he cannot be played????

Barry for liverpool game???

Yes or NO?

Definate Yes he must play, he could kill a lot of arguments with this game.

Simply cutting out all of the emotion he is a damn fine player, and if he were in the side and performing to the level of last season, who knows where we willl end up.

On the emotional side I think MON would forgive him and if he can, then we supporters should trust MON and go with it

Suffice to say my mind hasn't changed.

It wont, yet. However, I certainly get the feeling that if Barry does play for us this season, then eventually many of the haters will become indifferent to him. He wont be our captain again, but he's still a great player, regardless of what team he plays for. No point getting on his back, if he plays well for us.

I think that he will stay for this season at least, and I'd be happy enough with that. If any of the ridiculous media player speculation comes to fruition then Barry would certainly have a match in the team, and food for thought in regards to his long term future.

Its interesting isnt it that 66% either want him to stay or cant decide as opposed to 33% who want him gone. Sounds to me like he could be easily forgiven - despiete everything I would like him to stay - life's too short and we need players of quality.

He needs to come out now and say he made a mistake and will commit to a new contract with Villa!

Obviously now at only 27% wanting him gone, more and more fans are seeing the sense of keeping Barry. As others have said I will never totally forgive him but if his staying means Villa perform better next year and challenge, I dont give a **** about the emotional side!

In the past 24 hours there's been over 90 Yes votes with only 17 No.

Take from that what you will. Rick Parry's comments seem to have had an impact in our opinion of Barry, or is it that the initial knee jerk reactions have subsided?

I would take him back, although I would have been happier had he kept his part of the deal with Martin about the deadline for this deal. I think Liverpool have made his position very difficult, as has he. They seemed to be of the opinion that we would sell below market value (I wonder who put that thought in their minds :suspect: ) and are not prepared to pay the asking price for him where they were for Keane (with money they could have used to secure Barry).

So now they expect us to cave in near the end of the transfer window, to not play him against them or in Europe and to accept what has always been an unacceptable offer in desperation? Or will Barry play for us (reluctantly) until January or next summer in the knowledge that doing so, will bring his fee down? Or will he do the right thing and say that although he was tempted by them, they could not do a deal with the club that pays his wages and that he now wants to repay the fans for their support by signing another contract with us to put an end to this long running saga for the benefit of Aston Villa Football Club?

if he stays it'll all start again for the January window...Liverpool will have the money then..etc..etc...

They had the money this time B31villa but chose to spend it elsewhere they might choose to do the same again...

if he stays it'll all start again for the January window...Liverpool will have the money then..etc..etc...

They had the money this time B31villa but chose to spend it elsewhere they might choose to do the same again...

What if someone puts a bid in for Young and his head is turned......no point in worrying about it......let's just get on with our own thing and support the lads....

I'll start by saying I have been appalled by Barry's behavior during recent weeks and the total lack of professionalism he has shown towards the club that he is supposed to be the captain of.

I understand the reasons for his decision, (even if I don't agree with it), and would have wished him luck if Liverpoo had stumped up all of the cash in a timely manner. His conduct following Liverpoo's antics however has been shocking.

Nevertheless, if he stays, I would not be upset as I believe he has sufficient strength of character and enough self interest still at stake to perform well again for Villa, if for no other reason than to prove this doubters wrong.

Didnt vote,

As I would rather we kept him, becuase we are still too short on players but am not happy about it. If he does stay I cant see him apologiesing, maybe explaining why he let the NOTW story happen. Trying to make us all feel sorry for him. Which some will buy and continue to sing Barry for Villa all the way to January.

My thinking is that he is still 75% lfc bound, from the start of the saga lfc have used every dirty trick in the book to turn barry and at the same time cause as much disruption to one of if not their main rivals for 4th next season, the last thing is to get him on deadline day.

Â