Would you be happy if Barry stayed here now?

BOF

Would you be happy for him to stay?  

355 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy for him to stay?

• Yes I would be happy
    • No, I just want rid of him now
    • Undecided

Wheres the "I really dont give a shit" option?

some fan you are!!!.....its really quite an important matter in terms of both playing staff and finances

As much a fan as you and entitled to give his opinion I would have thought?

as it seems yet again the barry-o-meter has swung back to him staying this question is more relevant than usual

as someone very anti him throughout this whole process I have to think about my response but the thing is if I trust MON to do the right thing and if he believes Barry should play then I can not really say he shjould not.

However for any chance that I coudl ever cheer again he needs that public statement

I'd said from the start I want him to stay. But have to admit I think a lot less of him for his approach over the last few months.

If he does say I think he'll need to do something to re-commit himself to the club both in the eyes of the fans and in his own head. A new long-term deal with no opt-out next season? A commitment to finish his career here? Scoring the winner in the UEFA cup final?

Whatever I think of him off the pitch he is still an absolutely pivotal player for us. His range of passing and the way he links the play will be really missed if he does go.

Let's see

I would be happy for him to stay, as long as gives 100% and doesn't let this farcical summer affect his game to the point that he's useless. He has a lot of people to win back over, and also shove those words down Liverpools throats about the quoted fee. I think he will give 100%, and lets be honest, if he did go, how hard would it be to get a suitable replacement of similiar quality? We need our best players to stand any chance of breaking into the top 4, and sadly, Barry is one of our, if not, our best player.......

edited. no need for that bit. If he stays then fair enough he should get is head down an play, but he will be off in the following window. Don't see why any of us should forgive him, he bad mouthed MON, spat on our club to try join plop and has made no apologies.

It's like the postman chatting up our wife at the door, an you warning him not do it again, yet he comes in an shags her the next day....think about it?

Q. Would you be happy for him to stay?

A. Yes. I don't think he would sulk and spread bad moral through the team. I think he would knuckle down and play well to cement his place in the England team, confident in the knowledge that he would be moving to Liverpool next summer.

I think the Plop board has it right. He's not worth 18m.....it wouldve been pure robbery if we sold him for that...

That said, hes still a quality player, and would help the cause.

But strip him of the armband and sit him for the first couple of games...let him think about what a tosser hes been.

I think the Plop board has it right. He's not worth 18m.....it wouldve been pure robbery if we sold him for that...

Whether he is or he isn't we have every right to ask for it as other players have gone for the same whon he has kept out of the England side plus captaining his country and him being a key player for us. And the fact that we don't need to sell.

Whether he is or he isn't we have every right to ask for it as other players have gone for the same whon he has kept out of the England side plus captaining his country and him being a key player for us. And the fact that we don't need to sell.

if hargreaves and carrick hadnt gone for 18m then i think our valuation would have been lower.......

but they did...so barry should rightly be given that price tag......

hargreaves and carrick was our insurance policy if anybody kicked up a fuss over the price....including Benitez, Barry or the agent........

we were always in pole position after the transfers of similar players for massive fees....

if you listen to the opinion of most neutrals in the game..they agree that the price is the going rate

this whole transfer lark has been a disaster. He had his head turned, by the looks of it Liverpool made promises that they cannot afford to keep. If you think of all hea ahcieved last year I'd rather keep good players thahn sell them. He will loose the captaincy but thats not necessarily a bad thing and hopefully he will concentrate on keeping his head down, i highly doubt if he stays MON will ease off on him he will expect 100%

If he stays, and I've already said I want him back in the side, a major shit deal about all of this is Barrys fitness.

Surely he's a couple of weeks behind everyone else now, and had all of this nonsence never happened, this wouldn't be a problem for us.

Liverplop should be held in some way accountable for their actions. They've known all along how much he's worth, and now it's looking like they're going to pull out leaving a fair bit of mess behind, rocket polishers!

Not a fan on here can say he isn't the kind of quality we need if we are to make the step up and for that reason alone I'd say yes.

Who knows what will happen in January/next summer if he doesn't sign a new contract, the price we'll get then will be a lot less then Liverpool are wanting to pay now but thats football. Liverpool in my opinion have made themselves look like a second rate bunch of muppets over this, to an extent I can understand them going to the press re: Barry as this has done the job for them, he's unsettled etc but to do it and not have the cash to back it up is madness, they should have asked for the price prior to leaking the story. Liverpool who are a massive club lets face it should never have gone about it this way, how many clubs in the Prem would, its plain wrong but as I said it did what they wanted but now they look like right idiots not having the money to put where their mouth is. I'm sure Gareth Barry must feel the same deep down and no, it'll never be the same for him if he was to sign a new deal with us then 99% fans would take him back.

If he stays, and I've already said I want him back in the side, a major shit deal about all of this is Barrys fitness.

Surely he's a couple of weeks behind everyone else now, and had all of this nonsence never happened, this wouldn't be a problem for us.

Liverplop should be held in some way accountable for their actions. They've known all along how much he's worth, and now it's looking like they're going to pull out leaving a fair bit of mess behind, rocket polishers!

I think some people are making more of Barry's fitness than needs to be. He will have trained all summer (picture Alex Black riding a bike along side a jogging Barry!). As for match sharpness, Barry looked the part at Villa Park a couple of weeks back. Even on a hot day he didn't flag.

As wrong as it is, Liverpool FC will not be held accountable for this episode. The Premier League are too weak against the $ky 4.

I'm shocked that so many people want him to stay. I mean, he had a chance to redeem himself after the deadline for his transfer, yet once again he kicked us in the face. I was willing to give him a chance the first time (although that itself was at a push), yet there is no way I will now. Even if he does stay, I will be totally against it. If he scores for us, I will cheer, as I support the Villa. Yet, I will never support Barry ever again, and I am totally against him ever being captain for us again, if he does stay. I just want rid of him now, but for the right price. He is a disgrace to this football club, and has made a mockery of us all. Some people can forgive and forget I suppose. Yet, I just can't do that, and I have lost all respect for Barry. That's just my opinion, and everyone is entitled to their own.

I'm shocked that so many people want him to stay. I mean, he had a chance to redeem himself after the deadline for his transfer, yet once again he kicked us in the face. I was willing to give him a chance the first time (although that itself was at a push), yet there is no way I will now. Even if he does stay, I will be totally against it. If he scores for us, I will cheer, as I support the Villa. Yet, I will never support Barry ever again, and I am totally against him ever being captain for us again, if he does stay. I just want rid of him now, but for the right price. He is a disgrace to this football club, and has made a mockery of us all. Some people can forgive and forget I suppose. Yet, I just can't do that, and I have lost all respect for Barry. That's just my opinion, and everyone is entitled to their own.

Indeed and he shouldn't be captain again but there is no doubt he is a quality player and could yet go but it is looking more and more unlikely by the day.

I am in a similar boat on him now - I was all for him moving on to progress his career, so long as we got the right amount then I could understand his reasons, then he muddied the waters with the NOTW article, again I was angry but could understand what he was doing, I genuinely thought after the Odense game he would have seen enough with the crowd, RObbie Keane being signed and the offer of a new contract with presumably an escape clause in it, to stay for one more year and leave with dignity at the end of this season - a thought that was proved right - or so I thought - with the statement saying he was staying. The fact that he threw his toys out after that and still insisted on being let go really took the piss - so now I will support him when he wears the Claret and Blue but I have no time for him, and he should not even get close to the captains armband ever again - he is a good player though so I won't begrudge him if he performs - but he really is going to have to have a good season if he is still here come the 1st september...

however stupid Gareth Barry has been, i'd rather him playing in the squad then sitting on the bench. He's got such a great talent.... our squad is vastly improved with him in the team then without. I think it's stupid for people not to accept him back into the squad, you have to do what's best for our squad. Having him in it is better.

So if the right price is £18m (as set by his current employer) and Liverpool only off £15m, you would be happy for him to stay?

You are not alone in saying "I just want rid" but it would be interesting what Villa fans think is an acceptable price - £12m, £14m, £16m??? In my opinion, Barry will not want to lose his England place and will still give 100% to Villa, so we should stick to £18m. If we do, it will take a massive climb down from Liverpool FC for Barry to join them.

Depends if he signs a new contract I suppose (which is the rumour)

BUT I'll never feel the same about him again, until this summer there was a little part of Barry that was me, not anymore

as above back on Page 1 for me.

Â