Enoch Burke

Johnnyp

Have any people in the UK been following this. School teacher in Ireland who , hails from an evangelist background, refused to refer to a student who was transitioning by their pronouns and change of name. Not a sackable offence. He relentlessly pursued the school principal on the matter , resulting in his suspension and an injunction against him to stay away from the school. He disobeyed it and stated he was “ showing up for work “ Eventually arrested and since released but the school terminated his employment. Seems to have a lot of gravitas and good will from people in Ireland who think wokeism going a little too far. 

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Sounds like a word removed to me.

If a student wants to be referred to in a certain way and isn't doing it as a wind up, then what's the argument for refusing? What's he actually standing up for here? His own right to be a word removed to people, and dress it up as [solemn voice] deeply held religious beliefs?

Come on, if you teach in a school, it's going to be full of kids who come from families who believe different things from you, and you're meant to be tolerant and empathetic, not impose your own worldview on teenagers like a weirdo.

His family are ahm difficult to say the least. Highly educated him and his siblings, very religious but all well known to the public protesting on LGBT matters and COVID etc. He spent 100 days in prison. Was told he could leave any time once he purged his contempt. He refused to do so. They released him over Christmas. He’d openly stated he’s against transgenderism. He was sacked over his refusal to stay away from the school who had an injunction out against him. Yeah i agree. He’s gonna struggle to get employment in the modern world

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

His family are ahm difficult to say the least. Highly educated him and his siblings, very religious but all well known to the public protesting on LGBT matters and COVID etc. He spent 100 days in prison. Was told he could leave any time once he purged his contempt. He refused to do so. They released him over Christmas. He’d openly stated he’s against transgenderism. He was sacked over his refusal to stay away from the school who had an injunction out against him. Yeah i agree. He’s gonna struggle to get employment in the modern world

Sounds like a clearing in the woods that no-one should have to put up with. If he can't get employed that's on him and maybe he should reassess his behavior.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Have any people in the UK been following this. School teacher in Ireland who , hails from an evangelist background, refused to refer to a student who was transitioning by their pronouns and change of name. Not a sackable offence. He relentlessly pursued the school principal on the matter , resulting in his suspension and an injunction against him to stay away from the school. He disobeyed it and stated he was “ showing up for work “ Eventually arrested and since released but the school terminated his employment. Seems to have a lot of gravitas and good will from people in Ireland who think wokeism going a little too far. 

I have not seen one gram of good will. I wish the word removed would **** off.

The transitioning student wasn't even in this teacher's class. Their sibling was, and the teacher felt it appropriate to effectively bully the sibling. The guy is a scarcely-believable level of word removed and keeps coming back and refusing to back down. I'm kind of surprised he hasn't been given a good hiding yet.

• Shocked 1

33 minutes ago, BOF said:

The transitioning student wasn't even in this teacher's class. Their sibling was, and the teacher felt it appropriate to effectively bully the sibling. The guy is a scarcely-believable level of word removed and keeps coming back and refusing to back down. I'm kind of surprised he hasn't been given a good hiding yet.

That isn’t accurate from what I’ve read. He bullied the principal. He had little to no personal interaction with the child apart from when he went on the rant in the school church when it at all came to light. If he bullied the child he’d of been sacked on the spot ( and rightly so ) with little defense. They are a very nuisance family though, the Burke’s. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

That isn’t accurate from what I’ve read. He bullied the principal. He had little to no personal interaction with the child apart from when he went on the rant in the school church when it at all came to light. If he bullied the child he’d of been sacked on the spot ( and rightly so ) with little defense. They are a very nuisance family though, the Burke’s. 

I know he had no interaction with the child. I thought there was interaction with the child's sibling at the start.

They seem fun

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burke_family_(Castlebar)

The Burkes are an Irish family from Castlebar, County Mayo, known for their conservative religious activism and involvement in high-profile legal cases and protests in Ireland. The family are evangelical Christians, and consists of parents Martina and Sean Burke and their ten children, all of whom have biblical names: Ammi, Elijah, Enoch, Esther, Isaac, Jemima, Josiah, Keren, Kezia, and Simeon. A frequent subject of their protests is the LGBT community in Ireland.

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Ten kids. Better than even chance that at least one of them will be gay. 

Seen someone say on Twitter that someone seen Enoch had apps on his phone that were for gentleman who enjoyed the company of other gentlemen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Ten kids. Better than even chance that at least one of them will be gay. 

We've seen the video Kent posted above. We could all have a good guess as to which one. 

• Haha 1

Â