Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

spacer.png

Doesn't shock me. I appreciate the poster's honesty about it, I don't believe he/she is the only one on this forum that supports another Premier League club along with Villa.😂 

Edited by Villa_Vids
  • Shocked 1

47 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

How has Douglas never impressed you? I'm genuinely intrigued. Because he doesn't go flying into tackles, beating men all over the place?

He was terrible for a time under Gerrard, mainly because he was being played in the wrong position with the wrong tactics. 

The whole team was terrible then but i can see how people would think Luiz was part of the midfield problem if they watched matches during that period.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Doesn't shock me. I appreciate the poster's honesty about it, I don't believe he/she is the only one on this forum that supports another Premier League club along with Villa.😂 

I've always found this strange myself, but to be honest, Striker has been on the forum for AGES, since i can remember.

@striker are you in fact.. Andy Gray?

He claims to support both of us whenever I see him on BEIN. lol

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Glad to see some positivity and enthusiasm for this one from VT. 

Can't and won't speak for any attitude or personality issues because I don't know. I only saw passion, perhaps a bit petulant too.

What I can vouch for is him being a very talented player a few years back. I remember the hype that Wilshere had way back when, Guendouzi was another level of skill to Wilshere.

Sincerely wish I knew where all that enthusiasm was coming from. Not bring trollish, but I don't share the excitement. Do we have a bunch of folks on here who follow "League 1 Uber Eats"? Or are they basing thoughts on Guendouzi's 41 appearances at Arsenal -- or for France? Or just ... he's French and Marseilles seems cool or something? Not someone who scores or assists all that often, and seems to do well at picking up yellow cards, and Arse sold him? Not sure.   

10 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I get a sense that Guendouzi can come across as a dick because he is determined to win and doesn’t care who he pisses off to do that.

If that is the case, I’m all for us bringing in a competitive player that has a bit of an attitude.

This , I don't know of Guendouzi, haven't seen him play or read the rumours on his attitude but we need players who are determined to win and are not to concerned in upsetting their team mates if they don't perform and the opposition just the disrupt them.

Savage used to do it and despite him being limited as a player his was more effective because of his attitude. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I get a sense that Guendouzi can come across as a dick because he is determined to win and doesn’t care who he pisses off to do that.

If that is the case, I’m all for us bringing in a competitive player that has a bit of an attitude.

I’m sure him and Big Emi would get on very well. 

• Like 2

Would quite like this one to happen now. Don’t know whether I am just setting myself up for disappointment like most of the other players we are strongly linked with 

Edited by Tayls

22 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Seems to work for Emi so I'm fully on board the 5h1thouse train!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

All clubs have that, we’ve got players we’ve sold cheap and gone onto better careers…most clubs have it.

Have we?

Edit: Albrighton and...possibly Gueye/Veretout?

Edited by May-Z
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, May-Z said:

Have we?

Edit: Albrighton and...possibly Gueye/Veretout?

Gueye had a relegation release clause, so it wasn't quite that we sold him on the cheap intentionally.

3 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

For far too long we’ve been unable to find players capable of passing the ball to a high standard. We can only keep possession when we have space or go backwards. Signing this fella will be a step in the right direction in that regard, sign him up!

Agree with this. Our weak spot in possession will be the CB’s, and to some extent Emi, even though it should get better when Carlos returns.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

Â