2007/2008 Defence or 2008/2009 Defence. Which is better?

LatestConfirmedIn

Which is the best?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best?

• 2007 / 08
    • 2008 / 09

We shipped 51 goals in the league last season. We didnt have a great defence.

Which is true. A high percentage of the goals were because of Carson's lost confidence and also the the defences lost confidence in Carson.

I went for the upcoming seasons defense.

Friedel and Young are better than Carson and Mellberg (As a RB), Bouma is better than SHorey in my opinion, Laursen is obviously the same, but Davies for me will have more of an impact this season, so this seasons Davies is better than last seasons, as silly as that sounds.

Wouldn't mind seeing them play together a few times first. But on paper, this season's by a good distance.

In fact, I'm going to alter my fantasy team to include at least one Villa defender/keeper

I'm already there :-), got Young and Friedel under their former clubs. So still got A Young, Laursen and either Carew or Sidwell, depending on which FF team it is.

cant get Shorey though, dammit

It's a bit difficult cos "New" defence hasn't played yet!!

However I agreed with IMARSHA "Mellberg was class but was not a Right Back"... Plus we have Friedel factor this season!

So I'd have to go with 2008/09 because defence was a weak spot...

^ What Julie said.

I voted 08/09 but would still consider Bouma our LB however good I think Shorey is and will be for us.

Wouldn't want to undermine Mellberg as our RB last season, he did the job required, but as we "have" a RB now I think we are in a better position this season already.

Come on people this seasons defence is better, Friedel for a start and do you forget how Bouma used to just HOOF the ball and Mellberg did as well. As soon as these two got the ball you knew it was going flying back to the opposition, the players we have now can actually knock the football around and move it around and pass rather than hoof.

friedel is just in a completely different league to carson. also have a recognised rb! and davies hopefully will feature more than last season. and now bouma has competition for lb

finally villa are giving us a team to be proud of!

Â