Pubs/Travel

wedge

I've never been to Spurs away before. I've heard the Haringey Irish Centre is pretty much the focal away pub? 

No Overground services at all in London on NYD. Might have to be tube to Seven Sisters or Tottenham Hale and walk from there as the tube seems like it will be a normal service running.

29 minutes ago, andykeenan said:

Irish place is only place for away fans  near ground with home fans in there as well or drink somewhere then get tube to WHL 

Thanks Andy, do you know how taxing the walk is from Seven Sisters or Tottenham Hale tube to the Irish Centre? Doesn't sound like there are any pubs along the way that will allow away ticket holders (we won't be wearing any Villa colours but we may be in possession of a large flag which might be a give-away 😂) to break it up?

Edited by wedge

23 hours ago, wedge said:

Thanks Andy, do you know how taxing the walk is from Seven Sisters or Tottenham Hale tube to the Irish Centre? Doesn't sound like there are any pubs along the way that will allow away ticket holders (we won't be wearing any Villa colours but we may be in possession of a large flag which might be a give-away 😂) to break it up?

WHL closest to Irish Centre 5 mins if that 

Seven Sisters 30-35 min walk if wanna walk it 

Northumberland Park Station 10 min walk

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Rarely drink near London grounds on away days, with the exception of Fulham.

Better drinking around Euston (as we will be) tbh. Spurs and Arsenal have sod all in the way of away pubs near the ground.

The Euston Flyer pub halfway between Euston and Kings Cross is usually a target for Villa fans on a London away day too I believe? Then it's a short hop on the Victoria Line from KC to Seven Sisters or Tottenham Hale.

Edited by wedge

21 hours ago, andykeenan said:

WHL closest to Irish Centre 5 mins if that 

Seven Sisters 30-35 min walk if wanna walk it 

Northumberland Park Station 10 min walk

Thanks mate, I may be wrong but I'm sure I've read somewhere that there aren't any trains going through N-Park or WHL Overground due to strike action so will have to be tube to Seven Sisters or Tottenham Hale!

12 minutes ago, wedge said:

The Euston Flyer pub halfway between Euston and Kings Cross is usually a target for Villa fans on a London away day too I believe? Then it's a short hop on the Victoria Line from KC to Seven Sisters or Tottenham Hale.

We usually go to the Rocket or O'Neills on the Euston Road. Think we will do that on Sunday as well. Spurs is awkward to say the least for away fans.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

We usually go to the Rocket or O'Neills on the Euston Road. Think we will do that on Sunday as well. Spurs is awkward to say the least for away fans.

From memory (I may be wrong) that's literally next door to the Euston Flyer so I'm sure the Euston Road will be full of Villa on the tot to start 2023 off on Sunday!

Edited by wedge

Theres no trains from Northumberland park as thats over rail.

Best bet is going tottenham hale and walking. Its about 25 minute walk but wont be as congested 

Gonna be a absolute nightnare for those going with no overground trains

On 30/12/2022 at 13:09, wedge said:

As was the Flying Scotsman 

• Like 1

Â