Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Match Polls  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/12/22 at 23:59

Poor day at the office, difficult to be too harsh as we created enough to take something from the game. Lots of below par performances all over the pitch.

Subs too little too late. 

Maybe  Christmas/lay off rustiness. But you feel there is little beyond this first 11, we needs some new blood and impetus.

Pretty poor apart from start of second half. Buendia and Bailey should have been hooked far earlier. 
Created some decent chances but gave away twice as many.

• Like 1

Consistently poor decision making in both boxes.

Ball watching for the goals against, refusing to shoot or taking air shots when in Liverpools box.

Too many players had off days, can't be doing that against a side like Liverpool

we played well -- Liverpool are a better team than us and there's no shame in that. We probably should've made some changes around the 65/70th minute. 

It's also clear that we can't persist with McGinn out wide, we need an actual wide player there in January (I think most of us agree with this as well). Probably will need a striker & new CB in the summer 

I know he scored but Watkins makes life too hard for us. Take chances we don't then spend the game chasing and leaving ourselves exposed. Ollie needs replacing. Ings need a fair run upfront on his own. Olsen needs firing into the sun and Carlos needs to return to fitness ASAP. 

Frustrating game. 

• Like 4

Thought Konsa was poor today and we were poor in their box, if we want to go toe to toe with the big boys we need to finish our chances. Sadly I think quite a few of our players aren’t up to scratch and they are probably better suited as squad players or just to be sold.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Better team for the majority of the game.

Although we had moments, I thought we were second best for all of the first half. We dominated for the first 20 of the second but that was about it, can't say I think we were best for anywhere near the majority

• Like 1

Â