Match Thread: Villa v Liverpool

MaVilla

Dougie hasn't been good, Ollie has been able to beat the defenders but finishing is not up to standard. McGinn's been fairly anonymous. Buendia has been all over the pitch (not necessarily a good thing or a bad thing).

Olsen hasn't been bad eithert

This game could easily be 4-4.

Watkins and Nunez each trying to be the worst finisher ever to play a PL game.

They have been more clinical and their first goal was very good football. I don't think we've been too bad and have created a fair few chances.

Unpopular opinion - I don't think Buendia is ever going to be great here.

Enjoying the game, we should have scored 2 at least which is disappointing and would have given the game a totally different feel.

Anyone who thinks we somehow have a right to be matching a side worth around 500m more than ours are funny on the inside. 

• Like 1

We've been totally outplayed. Don't let the couple early chances fool you, we've been horrid.

Unai's high line is a disaster with these players against Nunez and Salah. Our defenders are as bad as they can be. High line not helping.

Luiz is terrible and so is Ollie. 

Pretty bad first half but if Watkins wasn't so useless we might still be in the game. 

Saying that though, Nunez has stopped this from being about 4 going into half time. This high line against Liverpool is just absolute suicide. All I really hope from the rest of this is we just keep the score down because Liverpool don't even look as if they're really trying. 

Just now, Awol said:

Dougie not at the races today, Young struggling, Watkins.. well. 

Triple sub please Unai, those three off, Dendoncker, Cash and Ings on at HT.

Good shout