Pre match thread

Demitri_C

Get him back for these three matches then give him a week off between Wolves and Leeds - or two weeks off and go with Olsen vs Leeds. Obviously will come down to his own state of mind right now - I’d say there’s more chance we’ll see him than if they had lost.

• Like 1

Next time we see Emi will be the Wolves game.

0-2 defeat in this one, which is a shame as at full strength we could have gotten something.

Says a lot that we are more affected by the world cup final than Liverpool but there we have it.

1 hour ago, robby b said:

Liverpool playing Man City in the EFL Cup on Thursday might help us a little, if they field a few 1st team players. There will be just three days' rest afterwards before our match.

Will be interesting what team they put out, can't see any of their WC players featuring but given guys like Salah and Firmino haven't played seriously in over a month it makes sense to get some intensity in their legs before our match.

Pep is apparently complaining he hardly has any fit players so good chance for Liverpool to knock them out of a cup and get a boost going into second half of the season.

Pretty certain Emery will have a plan for this i.e. restrict them space around and in the box, don't let them get any shots off. Protect Olsen at all costs. Keep it tight, get in there faces!

With a midfield three of Kamara - Dendoncker - Luiz I also think we'll be strong in the middle.

Bailey will hopefully find plenty of space at there on the big and beautiful Villa Park pitch.

Got to fancy us to get something out of this, it's a great time to face them. Villa Park should be Rocking!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, chappy said:

Get him back for these three matches then give him a week off between Wolves and Leeds - or two weeks off and go with Olsen vs Leeds. Obviously will come down to his own state of mind right now - I’d say there’s more chance we’ll see him than if they had lost.

Id rather he is back for leeds a more winnable game than liverpool and spurs which are likely Ls

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Id rather he is back for leeds a more winnable game than liverpool and spurs which are likely Ls

Liverpool, Man U, Spurs and Brightons league positions are pretty much the same? Wouldnt see liverpool and spurs as likely losses at all. 

Just now, turvontour said:

Liverpool, Man U, Spurs and Brightons league positions are pretty much the same? Wouldnt see liverpool and spurs as likely losses 

3 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Liverpool, Man U, Spurs and Brightons league positions are pretty much the same? Wouldnt see liverpool and spurs as likely losses at all. 

Not sure what brighton has to do with playing spurs and liverpool?

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Not sure what brighton has to do with playing spurs and liverpool?

Sorry, I mean we've just beaten Brighton and Man U under Emery. Those two are the same position in the league as Spurs and Liverpool. Therefore no reason not to be optimistic/expectant of points. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Sorry, I mean we've just beaten Brighton and Man U under Emery. Those two are the same position in the league as Spurs and Liverpool. Therefore no reason not to be optimistic/expectant of points. 

Brighton had Danny Wellbeck up front, Liverpool and Spurs have Salah and Kane.  Brighton are punching above their weight, Liverpool and Spurs are playing below theirs.