Pre match thread

Demitri_C

Wow feels like forever since we had a game

God knows how this is gonna turn out but glad we are at home for our first game. 

Liverpool will still be without diaz which is a big blow for them. Hopefully emery can get another memorable night at villa park.

Talk that emi may miss this one so i fear the worse olsen vs salah otherwise would ahve felt confident of a point

We can draw this no problem.

Their results away from home been pretty middling.

Generally v top sides since we came back up Liverpool is one we've done o.k against. Think in the 6-7 games home and away they've only beaten us by more than one goal once (2-0 in July 2020) so it will be a tight game and I think we'll cause them issues on the break.

Of course in final third they still have great quality but Mane down the years has caused us more issues than Salah. Hopefully Jota is still rusty from his injury as he's the sort that can poach a goal.

They're relatively weak in midfield so imagine Unai will go narrow and try to stifle their ability to get the ball through to front 3.

Feels a 1-1 to me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Got a good feeling we will win this. If Emery can start off with 3 straight league wins including beating Utd and Liverpool at VP, it would be the best start made by a new manager wouldnt it? Dont think anyone has won their first 3.

Lets do it for Gerrard lads.

Did John Gregory not win his first three?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Got a good feeling we will win this. If Emery can start off with 3 straight league wins including beating Utd and Liverpool at VP, it would be the best start made by a new manager wouldnt it? Dont think anyone has won their first 3.

Lets do it for Gerrard lads.

Same, but only if Martinez is playing.  If Olsen is in nets then a 3-1 defeat.

• Haha 1

Much will depend on Martinez making it back from the World Cup and Olsen being fit to play - if not, it'll be tough for Marschall.

I'm feeling pretty positive about this one if we're at full strength - I reckon we can get something out of these.

• Like 1

On 15/12/2022 at 12:48, maqroll said:

I'm taking the day off work for this, nobody can question my commitment 

Me too. Granted, if I went to work, the place would be empty and the doors locked, but still. I’m pretty hardcore. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, messi11 said:

We can win this one! We are better prepared than Liverpool. We are the Al Wahda Challenge Cup Champions. 2-0 Villa

All of a sudden we are feared in all the land (not to mention all around the world) because we are the the Challenge Cup Champions, my friends (and we'll keep on fighting till the end... ). 13-0 Villa.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, robby b said:

All of a sudden we are feared in all the land (not to mention all around the world) because we are the the Challenge Cup Champions, my friends (and we'll keep on fighting till the end... ). 13-0 Villa.

We're massive. 

• Like 1