Trains

The Fun Factory

• 4 weeks later...

This no doubt will have a huge impact on the amount of people going to the game on Wednesday, didn't realise how much of pain in the backside it is until I started to plan my own journey! 8pm midweek game against another West Midlands side as well, I'd imagine loads fancy having a drink but the strike action on the railways mean that the overwhelming majority will have to drive I guess!

No idea how anyone would risk using the train on a midweek night regardless of strikes.

8pm kick off. Let's say there's a long old VAR check or the equipment fails and you get 11 minutes injury time like at Man. City. That takes you past 10pm. Then 15 minute walk to Aston and perhaps another wait as trains are always half hourly back to New Street at that time and always a big queue.

Getting back into New Street just before 11pm and long distance trains are very limited at that time bar perhaps the odd one to London.

I only live in Sutton and far too much of a hassle so would rather just get a lift back from Star City. Same for the Leeds game.

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

No idea how anyone would risk using the train on a midweek night regardless of strikes.

8pm kick off. Let's say there's a long old VAR check or the equipment fails and you get 11 minutes injury time like at Man. City. That takes you past 10pm. Then 15 minute walk to Aston and perhaps another wait as trains are always half hourly back to New Street at that time and always a big queue.

Getting back into New Street just before 11pm and long distance trains are very limited at that time bar perhaps the odd one to London.

I only live in Sutton and far too much of a hassle so would rather just get a lift back from Star City. Same for the Leeds game.

For evening games you basically have to walk back from the ground to the city to get a train. When they aren't on strike. Tomorrow is going to be horrendous. 

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

For evening games you basically have to walk back from the ground to the city to get a train. When they aren't on strike. Tomorrow is going to be horrendous. 

That would actually be quite nice on a late summer/autumn day when weather is good and we've got 3 points in the bag. It's still a good 40 minute walk to the doors of New Street from VP unless you just walk to A34 and get a bus up.

31 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Does the line back to Sutton still stop at Duddlestone? Would that be any closer than walking back to New Street?

3 hours ago, avfc456 said:

Does the line back to Sutton still stop at Duddlestone? Would that be any closer than walking back to New Street?

Some of them do but its not a great area to be walking around at night , gravelley hill is a better bet

Â