VT Films of the Year 2022

bickster

16 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Bullet Train

Everything Everywhere All At Once

Boiling Point

I Came By.

Saw Bullet Train this week whilst on leave and really enjoyed it. 

Ended up watching it again the day after as the wife wanted to see it and enjoyed it just as much knowing what was coming up. Would strongly recommend. 

The Banshees of Inisherin I liked most of all, but I think Gleeson is great so I'm a bit biased.

Prey was surprisingly ok, enjoyed it more than I thought. Even the wife liked it.

Overall I don't think it's a great year for films though, I've had to watch a lot of dross with the kids. Sonic 2, Sea Beast, Lyle Lyle Crocodile, Minions, The Bad Guys, Fantastic Beasts, Thor etc. I'm very bitter and upset about it.

• Like 1

Haven’t been able to watch many films of choice this year (especially at the cinema) mainly because I end up having to watch kids films.  However, couple of stand out films that I managed to get to see:

Top Gun (Maverick)  - really enjoyable popcorn movie, with some great action scenes 

Bullet Train - strange combination of action, violence and comedy but really enjoyed it

The Batman - wasn’t sure at first but looking back it was very decent

Special mention for a recently seen Netflix movie:  All Quiet on the Weston Front

Ack, can't believe I forgot Prey!  That'd be up there, definitely.  Though I wish I could have seen it on a big screen somewhere, maybe that's why it slipped my mind.  I'll just move closer to the telly next time.

• Like 1

I find it impossible to watch a Nicholas Cage film. Although,  Leaving Las Vegas was an exception, and tbf, that was a terrific movie. I just can't abide Cage anymore, I think it was the remake of The Wicker Man that proved the proverbial straw.

Definitely The Banshees for me. Farrell should get the oscar nod. Gleason is one of those actors who is always top notch so his performances just get taken for granted. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

On 04/12/2022 at 17:51, GarethRDR said:

Ack, can't believe I forgot Prey!  That'd be up there, definitely.  Though I wish I could have seen it on a big screen somewhere, maybe that's why it slipped my mind.  I'll just move closer to the telly next time.

I dunno. I certainly liked Prey, but I'm not sure it blew me away. It was a solid action film, with good characters and was well acted, but I didn't think it was anything I'd not seen before tbh.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HKP90 said:

I dunno. I certainly liked Prey, but I'm not sure it blew me away. It was a solid action film, with good characters and was well acted, but I didn't think it was anything I'd not seen before tbh.

Benefitted massively from not being shit, in reality it's probably a 7/10 but gets an extra point for being a watchable new Predator film

Did anyone say the Northman? Seen it on a few top 10 lists. That film went in a direction that I didn't like and I was really disappointed by it

• Like 2