World Cup: Matches

Genie

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

The Brazilians are pissed off at Keane for criticising the over the top celebrations yesterday

I’ve seen that, loads of them are also saying the British media are hypocrites because they’ll celebrate when the same Brazilians would dance for their clubs in the prem. Also they mentioned that they loved when Crouch did the robot after beating Jamaica 6-0. I’m sure Crouch also had a lot of adverts of him doing the robot

1 minute ago, Django_Zooms said:

Yes, but Roy said his first ever funny thing: "It's like watching Strictly Come Dancing." Also, it was more insensitive to Koreans than it would be to Europeans, because public humiliation is regarded as shameful, in their culture.

Humiliation is regarded as shameful in every culture that has access to dictionaries ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Yes, but Roy said his first ever funny thing: "It's like watching Strictly Come Dancing." Also, it was more insensitive to Koreans than it would be to Europeans, because public humiliation is regarded as shameful, in their culture.

I guess so, I’ve not really seen how any South Koreans reacted to them dancing online just mainly people from European countries and America. Would be curious to know if they felt the same.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

I’ve seen that, loads of them are also saying the British media are hypocrites because they’ll celebrate when the same Brazilians would dance for their clubs in the prem. Also they mentioned that they loved when Crouch did the robot after beating Jamaica 6-0. I’m sure Crouch also had a lot of adverts of him doing the robot

They do know that Roy Keane represents Ireland right and not England or GB when it comes to sports. If he’s happy with Ireland not celebrating when they score then that’s fine. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

Here is a question that has been bugging me. We assume that every international footballer is desperate to win the World Cup. But, since this is the 1st mid-season tournament, how many are thinking "If we go out early, I could have a luxury fortnight by the beach with my family, before my club wants me back..."?

Edited by Django_Zooms
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Here is a question that has been bugging me. We assume that every international footballer is desperate to win the World Cup. But, since this is the 1st mid-season tournament, how many are thinking "If we go out early, I could have a luxury fortnight by the beach with my family, before my club wants me back..."?

considering Matty Cash is back with our squad after getting knocked out 2 days ago then I doubt they will

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tayls said:

They do know that Roy Keane represents Ireland right and not England or GB when it comes to sports. If he’s happy with Ireland not celebrating when they score then that’s fine. 

Assuming they know, I’m sure they meant British media specifically which Keane is apart of.