World Cup: Matches

Genie

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

The Brazilians are pissed off at Keane for criticising the over the top celebrations yesterday

I usually always have my mind made up about anything from Keane's mouth, but I couldn't help but agree with him at some level. His stodginess, his dumbstruck inability to elaborate on his reasons, his vague look of shame --- I was right with him.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

John Taylor concedes again. His world cup dreams have come crashing back down to planet earth. Portugal are playing like wild boys.

Bloody hell someone help me out here!?

He might Come Undone after he Reflex on his performance. Sounds like he couldn't Save A Prayer let alone save in goal today.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Can't wait for Ronaldo to smash the wall with this free kick

When we beat man Utd at Villa Park Ronaldo had a free kick from 25 odd yards out. The bloke next to me in the stands was having kittens "This will be typical. he'll smash this into the top corner just you wait

I said "nah he'll hit the wall" and lo and behold, he drilled it straight into the wall.

The guy acted like I was some sort of genius. he ALWAYS hits the wall

(No not literally before somebody points it out)

• Haha 1

One thing I noticed recently not just in the tournament but at United even though we all think he is a piece of shit but if Bruno is on your side you will love him. I think he talks a good game in the media even if it sounds arrogant but he has a drive about him but doesn't seem to throw his team mates under the bus even if they are not on his level

Probably the best player of the tournament along with Mbappe

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

One thing I noticed recently not just in the tournament but at United even though we all think he is a piece of shit but if Bruno is on your side you will love him. I think he talks a good game in the media even if it sounds arrogant but he has a drive about him but doesn't seem to throw his team mates under the bus even if they are not on his level

Most Villa fans love Emi for his shithousery, I agree they’d love Bruno too if he was a Villa player.

I did not see any of the Spain game, I am so happy.....I have to say, I know that keeping the ball stops the opposition from having it and potentially scoring but this obsession of tippy tappy passing the ball to each other from side to side then back to the defence drives me nuts. Give me a higher tempo with insightful defence splitting passes and a willingness to actually run at the opposition in a forward direction and attack and win a game by playing football any time, rather than a borefest of tikky takky bo$$ocks.......

I also know that man c$ty do it and win everything but it is so boring to watch. Spain had something like over 1000 passes and one shot on target in 120 mins of their game against Morroco....dear lord... watching paint dry or boiling water is far more exciting.

VTID

Derek

50 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I've never understood the hatred for Bruno anyway. He dives around a bit like every other footballer in the world but apart from that I don't really get it. And as someone who hates United I wouldn't usually need an excuse to hate on one of their players.

I like watching him play.